“Nice Stay”
Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed March 20, 2017

We often stay hotels and get to compare the services and specialty of each.
For Taal Vista, I may say, our stay was quite comfortable and satisfactory. First was upon my booking 3 days before Mar 17, I specifically noted that I was hoping to be placed in an adjoining or adjacent rooms since I will be staying with my family. Upon checking in, we were informed that the rooms reserved for us were 10 doors away from each other, they were not able to give us a room with the same price, so we ended up upgrading our room and adding 13k to get the room we wanted. I nicely told them that I requested those rooms ahead of time, but we were only guaranteed upon checking in. I was hoping they couldve informed me earlier bec accdg to them, they were fully booked on that day. Hence the reason why they dont have the rooms I requested.
On a brighter side, the room we stayed in (a pricier one) but was nice, but no view. It was a let down. If youre a traveller of course you would like to get a view, so choose the Lake View side. if you have small kids and want something near the pool choose the Mountain View. The rooms are nice, clean, and beds were comfortable. Staff are friendly.
Special mention to Glenn who assisted us and was patient enough to show us the rooms.

Room Tip: Choose the Lake View if you want a spectacular view of the Taal Lake
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
Rorie Y, Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2017

Dear Steph F,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to constantly improve the quality of our services. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your visit. Rest assure that all these were highlighted and addressed to the departments concerned.

Please allow us to serve you again. Please contact me directly for your next visit and I will personally ensure that you are accorded the true Taal Vista Hotel experience.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,186)

Reviewed March 19, 2017 via mobile

Room was lovely! The best view of Taal! I will definitely be back :-) Food at Breakfast at Veranda was great also. The only downside was Beth at the Lobby Lounge. She was lazy and rude! Doesn't even smiled. Please take her out of there!!! Jayrome on the other hand was the GREATEST!! He took care of his guest. He took care of me! Ensuring that everything is to our satisfaction. Jayrome deserved an accolades!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business

Dear Giordano N

Reviewed March 19, 2017

A regular customer all the way from Chicago. Could be one of the finest hotel stays in all of The Phillipines! Not sure. Have yet to visit all of them. From check-in, bell- men, plentiful and cordial staff, room accommodation, b-fast, maintenance calls, wi-fi, swimming pool, etc., etc... Every aspect. Every feature. Grade A, # 1. But now, php150 for a small bucket of ice. Ouch. ( Game room could really use an upgrade -- - air hockey -- ( great idea, but it was in-op ) -- and maybe a second billiard table. Thanks folks. -- ( from the other side of the pond✈️✈️✈️ ) --

Room Tip: Pool access -- mountain wing -- Family? Spring for the premier.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family

Dear John S,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding our excellent service and facilities is very much appreciated.

Reviewed March 14, 2017 via mobile

Our family wanted a weekend break from Metro Manila's hot weather and so we came to this place with a pool for my kid but due to the cold weather, it was not a good time to swim. Stayed in the mountain wing: pros - nice mountain view, strong wifi; cons - room not sound proof, we hear all the noise outside including footsteps. My kid even commented "they should have put a 'Silence in the Hallway, Please' sign"; veranda always full for breakfast, we had to move to other breakfast area.
Other Pros- the cold atmosphere, the Taal Lake view, and the perfect location for every happenings: it's just beside Sky Ranch, just infront of Casino Filipino, near Tagaytay must-see and must- eat places/restos like Sonya's, Antonio's, Bag of Beans.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Lailani P
Rorie Y, Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Dear Lailani P,

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Favorite hotel when in Tagaytay. Nice clean rooms and of course breakfast buffet is superb. My son loved to be here when we feel like going to Tagaytay. Everyone is accomodating and never failed to greet you goodmorning.
Love this place.