Taal Vista Hotel
8 Suites(Tagaytay)
US$122
US$108
  • Breakfast included
View Park Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
US$44
US$42
Hotel Dominique(Tagaytay)
US$61
1,242 results
All reviewslake wingcafe verandanew wingbreakfast buffetsm advantage cardgreat viewpremier roomamusement parkduty managerview decktagaytay citybooked roomschecking inlobby areahot chocolatevisit tagaytaysized bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 11, 2017

We decided to return here, one of our go-to's for vacations in Tagaytay, for our baby's first trip out of town. Well worth it, as the wide expanse of the property gave our boy much room to explore and practice his walking, the room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was, as ever, courteous and accommodating. A great place to stay if you're looking for a family-friendly establishment!

A small word of warning, though, and more for the perpetually-wired: wi-fi here is painfully slow!

Room Tip: Lake Wing has the nicer rooms!
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Rorie Y, Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Dear Elbert O,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding our excellent service and facilities is very much appreciated.

Reviewed March 11, 2017 via mobile

Recently stayed at Taal Vista Hotel. We stayed at the Mountain View wing. Rooms are clean, equipped with a mini ref, electric kettle, steam iron and a hair dryer...Very convenient. One weird thing about the room is the bathroom door that locks from the outside. I think this needs replacing. Staff are nice and friendly. They also have a driver's quarter for those with chauffeur or security.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business

Dear Cabaldeviso,

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

We had a little mishap with our meal but the dining person in-charge immediately addressed our concern. Very good service and we are very satisfied with it and of course they have one of the nicest view :)

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear annalay,

Reviewed March 3, 2017

Came here for a wedding mid February this year. Expected more for the price we paid. Check in time was supposed to be at 2 pm but we weren't able to get into our room until 4 pm. Gave us a temporary room that was on the opposite side of the hotel, 20 mins after we got to the temporary room, our actual room was ready and we had to walk all the way over. Guest services were not helpful, did not provide any reimbursement or voucher of any sort for the inconvenience. They were not even apologetic. There was no hot water shower and the water pressure was weak. Air conditioner was leaking. The walls had water leakage marks all over. Our friend's patio door was broken, while another friend's door lock had a dead battery and were locked out of their room. Slow services, I asked for a bottle opener and they demanded that I open my bottles right away because they couldn't just leave it with me. We asked for ice to be delivered and it never happened. Also, they charged us 100 PHP for ice. This was definitely not a 4 star hotel. We upgraded our room and our mini bar was complimentary but it was never restocked after the first day. Worst place we've stayed in during our 1 month trip in Asia. Never coming back to this hotel again. Only positive was the view of Taal Lake.

Room Tip: Don't book here
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
Rorie Y, Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2017

Dear Corwina P,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to constantly improve the quality of our services. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your visit. Rest assure that all these were highlighted and addressed to the departments concerned.

Please allow us to serve you again. Please contact me directly for your next visit and I will personally ensure that you are accorded the true Taal Vista Hotel experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

I treated my family to a stay at Taal Vista during my birth month by getting 2 rooms at their Lake Wing building. We were all excited specially me because I know this is the icon hotel of Tagaytay.

Front Desk and check in: 3.5 out of 5.
Check in was standard. Front desk staff servicr was okay.

Rooms: 2 out of 5
Upon seeing our rooms, we were a bit dismayed. This wasn't what we expected. The room looked and smelled old. There was NO bidet on their bathroom. This may seem small but its a big issue for us since the shower area and the toilet are in 2 separate areas so imagine getting out of the toilet, crossing the sink which was an open space and then getting to the shower room. And oh, the shower fixtures were old also. The sleep quality of the bed was good but the pillows were old and withering.

Breakfast: 2 out of 5.
The breakfast was below satisfactory. We were asked to dine out because the room was full already. Not only were we asked to dine but the tables placed outside of the function room looked used and dirty. The area where they set up the separate buffet area for the spill over had quite a number of flies lurking around, no candles on the tables to keep them away and the staff service was very poor. They weren't accommodating and seemed hassled by our requests. I wanted my family to at least enjoy the breakfast but that failed also.

Hotel Facilities and Amenities: 4 out of 5
What we enjoyed during our stay was the viewing deck and the live band that played at the cafe. My nephew and my mom enjoyed the unobstructed view of Taal Lake and the well kept garden. The live band that played Saturday night kept us entertained.

Overall, my birthday treat to my family by staying at Taal Vista was quite a disappointment. Next time I'm in Tagaytay, I would look at other hotels since there's quite a number of new ones which I'm sure have better service and food, more modern design and well maintained rooms and have the same view of Taal Lake.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank leydelossantos
Rorie Y, Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2017

Dear Ms. Ley,