“Disappointing stay. Rooms need to be renovated badly.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Taal Vista Hotel

Taal Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Pasig, Philippines
“Disappointing stay. Rooms need to be renovated badly.”
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

I treated my family to a stay at Taal Vista during my birth month by getting 2 rooms at their Lake Wing building. We were all excited specially me because I know this is the icon hotel of Tagaytay.

Front Desk and check in: 3.5 out of 5.
Check in was standard. Front desk staff servicr was okay.

Rooms: 2 out of 5
Upon seeing our rooms, we were a bit dismayed. This wasn't what we expected. The room looked and smelled old. There was NO bidet on their bathroom. This may seem small but its a big issue for us since the shower area and the toilet are in 2 separate areas so imagine getting out of the toilet, crossing the sink which was an open space and then getting to the shower room. And oh, the shower fixtures were old also. The sleep quality of the bed was good but the pillows were old and withering.

Breakfast: 2 out of 5.
The breakfast was below satisfactory. We were asked to dine out because the room was full already. Not only were we asked to dine but the tables placed outside of the function room looked used and dirty. The area where they set up the separate buffet area for the spill over had quite a number of flies lurking around, no candles on the tables to keep them away and the staff service was very poor. They weren't accommodating and seemed hassled by our requests. I wanted my family to at least enjoy the breakfast but that failed also.

Hotel Facilities and Amenities: 4 out of 5
What we enjoyed during our stay was the viewing deck and the live band that played at the cafe. My nephew and my mom enjoyed the unobstructed view of Taal Lake and the well kept garden. The live band that played Saturday night kept us entertained.

Overall, my birthday treat to my family by staying at Taal Vista was quite a disappointment. Next time I'm in Tagaytay, I would look at other hotels since there's quite a number of new ones which I'm sure have better service and food, more modern design and well maintained rooms and have the same view of Taal Lake.

Stayed January 2017, traveled with family
1 Thank leydelossantos
Rorie Y, Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2017
Dear Ms. Ley,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to constantly improve the quality of our services. I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your visit. Rest assure that all these were highlighted and addressed to the departments concerned.

Please allow us to serve you again. Please contact me directly for your next visit and I will personally ensure that you are accorded the true Taal Vista Hotel experience.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

The mountain wing rooms are old, the beds are sagging and the bathrooms sad. The TV is so small and overall the room gives you that feeling that you stepped into a forgotten room in what used to be a grand mansion. Definitely needs an upgrade.

The lake wing - which houses newer rooms are more modern but we had problems with the bathroom. Whenever we took a shower the water would go out into the main floor and into the bedroom itself. I gave my feedback upon checkout but it wasn't given much attention by the lady at the checkout counter. Also it doesn't mean you are in the lake wing, you get to see the lake. Ours looked out into the street.

Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
1 Thank Fiore M
Dear Fiore M,

Philippines
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Feb 25 at lake wing side. First floor. while my kids are playing games in their phones, I was still sleeping around 10:30. The room was suddenly opened ! USING THeIR HOTEL ROOM KEY --the hotel staff stop short of coming inside when he reliazed we were there. He said he was just checking our "mini bar consumption" ??? We told him what we consumed and he left. I found this very ODD to say the least. so I asked the other room (where our relative was staying) if it also happened to them. But the answer is no. This is very worrisome! Whether this is a routine , I dont know BUT anybody who just barge in any room, is WRONG!

To tagaytay taal Vista, check your CCTV records. To the people reading this, stay away from this hotel!

Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
1 Thank sexy888
Dear sexy888,

Quezon City
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Checked in for a company seminar.
Rooms: 3/5. Barely working hot shower. Amenities: 2/5 Swimming pool closes at 7pm. Wasn't able to try the gym though.
Food: 3/5. Pricey for its quality. Breakfast buffet was a disappointment. Bacon was as hard as a rock and tastes like rock (tasteless). Omelet was good though.
Frontdesk: 0/5. Dismal. We were locked out of our room twice for allegedly failing to check out late. This was supposed to be under a company account yet they were insisting we pay the excess time out of our own pocket. Although this was later on settled by the organizer, the hotel staff still locked us out of our room twice, waiting 30 mins each time for the bellboy to deliver the new key card.
Conclusion: Find a better hotel for the money you will spend on this hotel.

Stayed February 2017, traveled on business
1 Thank Joseph R
Dear Mr. Joseph,

Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed February 22, 2017

I have been staying at Taal Vista when it was still a lodge and witnessed how it expanded into a hotel. The same excellence in service, facilities and food have not changed. It's still very homey, with the same warm reception. This is your next home in tagaytay!

• Stayed March 2016, traveled on business
Rorie Y, Manager at Taal Vista Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2017
Dear tecconcepcion2002,

Thank you very much for your review and recent stay at Taal Vista Hotel.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your feedback regarding our excellent service and facilities is very much appreciated.

Hotel Manager