All reviews breakfast buffet taal volcano ktv room nice view recreation area infinity pool booked a standard room upon check weekend stay food choices air conditioning peak season a bit pricey parking area lobby bathtub guyabano
Reviewed 13 January 2019

Their standard rooms are considerably cheap with amenities of a 5-star hotel. All staff services are good. Breakfast is good. Cool Tagaytay weather with spectacular view of Taal Volcano. Located near popular restaurants.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2019 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for one night. The hotel itself is nice and clean. They have spacious and clean rooms, but some don’t have windows. I think it is a bit pricey though, even more expensive when compared to beautiful 5-star hotels. Breakfast buffet was OK, nothing special, it was a bit disappointing actually.

We had a relaxing stay nonetheless. It has a beautiful view of the Taal volcano. But will probably not stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2019

For more classy and respectable hotels which are "genuinely" 4 to 5 star hotels, if you book an overnight stay, you will be treated like a king or queen. If you book for at least 2 nights, you will be treated like a god. BUT sadly you will never experience this at this hotel. That is why I'm wondering how it got its 4-star hotel rating. Since 2011, we have visited more or less 30 hotels in the Philippines, ranging from 2-star to 5-star hotels, and more often than not, hotel management and personnel will try their best to make all of their guests equally important. BUT THEN AGAIN, here is a hotel where you, as a hotel guest, will feel unimportant. Allow me to elaborate.

So, we booked a 2-night stay during the last week of November 2018. They charged us Php17,000 plus Php5,000 security deposit per night so that's Php27,000 for which I already thought was so pricey considering that there are a lot of other Tagaytay hotels with better accommodations at a lesser rate. We just chose Lake Hotel because its nearest to where my wife had a seminar and we have not tried it before. Big mistake for us. For all those 2 days, there were events in the hotel, and this is the only hotel where I've seen that the event (that consists of people not even billeted in the hotel) is more important than the hotel guests. First, they said that they cannot accommodate in-room dining because the kitchen is for the exclusive use and service for the event. This happened during our 2nd day. Second, hotel management doesnt care if the noise coming from the event bothers the hotel guests trying to enjoy their staycation considering that the rooms have balconies hence the windows are open and all the noise from the function area goes thru into the rooms. Third, hotel guests are not prioritized in parking spaces. Hotel management doesnt care if its hotel guests will lose their parking spaces to those attending the event. Its not the hotel's problem if the hotel guest WHO IS CHECKED-IN does not have any parking space because they are all occupied by the event people. Fourth, no one from the hotel staff will welcome you or assist you upon arrival considering that they dont have a ramp from the parking area down to the lobby. So guests will have to carry their bags thru around 50+ steps to get to the lobby because everyone else is busy with the f***ing event. This changed however upon check out because some hotel staff had the decency and presence of mind to assist us with our luggage from the lobby to the parking. Fifth, there is a problem with their front desk people. All of them lack courtesy and resourcefulness. Usually, this direction of being assisted and making sure that guests are convenient comes from the front desk people who will direct bell people top assist with luggage or accommodate hotel guests with their needs. Here are front desk people who are like billing and collecting agents not properly explaining their costs which are not even accurate because they themselves can get confused at each other with their additional/hidden costs. Sixth, the facilities are not taken care of. They didnt even bother clean their 2 swimming pools for their hotel guests because as established earlier, their priority lies with the people attending the event who will of course not use the facilities. The kids play area is not maintained. Their facilities have no staff assigned there for assistance. Seventh and last, in my mind, I still wanted to give them a last chance, because some hotels use this to make-up for their shortcomings. Pampalubag-loob kumbaga. BUT NO. The front desk people were really bone heads. I requested for late check-out considering that we stayed for 2 nights, were not able to order enough from the in-room dining and that we were paying a whole lot for that mediocre staycation. No check out is at 12 noon because the hotel staff have to clean the rooms for the next guests. OF COURSE WE KNOW THAT! give them another room that is ready. thats the practice. But no, these front desk people were really out of touch on how to provide hospitality and service to its guests.

The problem with this hotel is that it has basked in complacency because they believe that they have the monopoly of a great view of the Taal Lake and Volcano, but what this hotel and its management do not understand that some people dont give a f*** about the view because they have seen it more than thrice. They fail to realize that their hotel is not the only hotel in Tagaytay that has a good vantage point of the scenery.

Overall, the hotel was problematic, while the staff and management desperately lacked proper training especially on hospitality and troubleshooting. By far, this hotel was the worst that we have visited.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank eazykill2005
Reviewed 2 January 2019

Checked into a suite for the second time. The first time it was being renovated so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. This place is a dump for the price! We paid 17,000 pesos for a room with

1. No cold water! We burned ourselves taking showers!
2. Only two bed pillows
3. Missing TV remote
4. HORRIBLE SERVICE THROUGHOUT THE HOTEL
5. BAD Food! Our food was served cold and lukewarm at best!
6. Broken A/C remote

My French fries were half frozen! I had the restaurant manager eat one of them. He blamed me for letting it sit too long! That was his logic! Clearly I was not dealing with a trained professional

The front desk staff promise to fix your concerns but never do anything!
When I complained about no cold water the arrogant clown front desk night manager said
Turn the handle to the right.

I ended up fixing it myself. The cold water valve was turned off under the sink!

I have the flu and was cold in my room. I ordered extra pillows and a blanket at check in and they finally arrived at 10;30 pm! The staff does not care about your concerns!

Bottom line is the hotel has a great view! That’s it! Not worth it!

Do yourself a favor don’t waste your money here!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
6  Thank Worldly69
Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

We stayed there for Christmas and was happy about it. The view from this hotel is amazing except there’s like a dirty vacant lot beside the hotel.

Staff- they are all helpful and nice, for the lobby staff I would easily rate you 5star.

If you have any request that’s not on their list of allowed items then there’s no point asking them for it ^_^ they won’t do anything to make it available for you. The buffet close at 10am and we went to have our breakfast at 9am because we have a toddler ad they can be hard work, anyway I noticed there are no more cake on the buffet table so I ask the waiter and he told me it’s not available anymore (without checking in their kitchen just plain not available Maam).

I ordered a chocolate cake and from their room service for my tea and to my surprise the same cake I was told no longer available during breakfast is being serve to me.

They are a bit weird on their rules as well for example you’re not allowed to drink beer in the lobby it’s easily the first hotel I went to that has that rule.

They have kids section which is really good my daughter enjoyed that. The pool is a dirty it has a lot of insect floating on the corners I ask for someone to clean it with a net but nobody came to clean it so we left.

The Christmas was great they have a program the buffet was good, the seafood bisque is amazing!!!!

The room has a lot of popping tiles and the other room we got on the first night had a broken seat. The water and the water heater is very weak.

Suggestion: the hotel should buy their own vehicle and an etrike for guest to use to get around, its scary to walk around places although the nearby restaurant are really good, the risk of getting killed by a vehicle is 90% because the pedestrian lane is almost nonexistent.

Overall we were happy ^_^ we enjoyed our stay and was pleased by the staff assistance.

Trip type: Traveled with family