“Good stay”

The Lake Hotel Tagaytay
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We originally planned to stay for only a night but decided to extend for another night. Reservation was quite easy,perhaps because it was low season?
Upon check in, we we're asked for a 2k deposit.
We stayed at the Deluxe lake view room and it was good because we had a nice view of the lake. This room also has a bath tub unlike other rooms. I just noticed some minor things like when I was taking a bath in the tub, I saw how unpolishedly they made the lavatory. The cement finish underneath was uneven. Eyesores as such should at least be concealed. Some loose and lifting tiles were also observed in the room.

Another thing I found to be a bit of a turn off was how inaccesible some areas are from the main building. We wanted to take a swim at their indoor pool but got really "shookt" *haha* when we found that we had the cross the parking lot just to get to the pool area.There was no pathway, no roof that leads to the pool. So on that rainy day, you have to shower in the rain abd dip your feet in the puddle before getting to the pool. I couldn't make sense why they chose glass walls for the indoor pool when there is no good view of the outside. It was a parking lot and the highway for crying out loud. We were quite relucant to swim because outsiders can see is through the glass walls! This is the downside of expanding a facility...so many afterthought designs that have not probably been considered well.

There is an ongoing renovation so somehow, I hope some things mentioned would be addressed.

Even though, the hotel facilities didn't impress me so much,I have to acknowledge the very friendly staff. Everyone was so attentive to our needs and always greeted us with a smile.

Breakfast buffet was also excellent and had a wide range of choices. I really want to come back because of the food!

Hopefully, when we come back and the renovation has been completed, we would see a great improvement in their amenities.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Riezel B
thelakehoteltagaytay, Guest Relations Manager at The Lake Hotel Tagaytay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel.

I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay. We value your comments and please know that we are addressing your concerns. Your experience is by no means a reflection of the high standards which we strive to achieve.

I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.

Have a lovely day!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I stayed in rooms 200-201 an en-suite one bedroom apartment with a sofa and dining area. The rooms were adequately clean and simply decorated with air-conditioning and TVs in both the bedroom and dining room, the balcony provided a beautiful panoramic view of the lake and mountains. The hotel staff were sufficiently friendly. My only complaint would be the ongoing noise of refurbishment (banging, drilling) throughout the evening until late at night and early hours of the morning. I called the reception, who did not offer an apology or a change in room as renovations were taking place throughout the hotel. I would advise to check if refurbishments were taking place beforehand prior to booking.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

The hotel has the magnificent view of Taal. Although it is smaller than the popular hotel in Tagaytay that has the same view, it is less crowded. Maybe book in advance to get lesser price.

Nice place to stay with family and for foreign visitors who want to experience the awesome ambiance of Tagaytay.

Very near to known boutique restaurants.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

Availed their 50% rate in a weekday
PROS
Spacious rooms
Courteous front desk officers

CONS
Their staff was not helpful in carrying our luggages.
We were just given 1 set of toiletries
Breakfast was so so
Carpet smelled bad

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Tin T
Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

The Lake Hotel does give a warning on their website that they are currently renovating. I booked via booking.com so I missed that. Take note you wont get a view of taal unless you book a suite or a deluxe room partially facing the lake. The viewing deck is also under renovation. I would suggest calling and asking for the room farthest from the construction. Since we were in a hurry we settled for the room near the stairs. Not a good idea.

Beds are comfy the bathroom had a separate shower area from the bath tub. Good idea.

I slept really well sans the noise from the air filter which I need for my bad cold & rhinitis.
Breakfast was fine but was located in their old functionroom. They might have to remodel and change the carpets asap. There was a strong moldy smell upon entering the ball room. Bad for asthma and rhinitis.

Service is good though and location is perfect. This is our second time here and given its current condition it has not really improved much. If I'm staying more than 1 night, I'd stay somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Luciouslu
Travelers also viewed these Tagaytay hotels
1.6 km away
2.7 km away
Hotel Kimberly
Hotel Kimberly
#2 of 27 in Tagaytay

Been to The Lake Hotel Tagaytay? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Lake Hotel Tagaytay

Address: Km 58 Emilio Aguinaldo Highway Maharlika East, Tagaytay, Luzon 4120, Philippines
Location: Philippines > Luzon > Calabarzon Region > Cavite Province > Tagaytay
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Price Range: ₱3,865 - ₱6,356 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — The Lake Hotel Tagaytay 4*
Cuddled up amidst the slope of Tagaytay Ridge, approximately 90 minutes away from Manila, The Lake Hotel Tagaytay is a picture of verdantly serene and majestic haven. The Mediterranean inspired architectural design is complimented by the breathtaking view of the world-famous Taal Volcano and the opulence of over a hundred year old trees sprawled along the cliff. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelQuickly, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your The Lake Hotel Tagaytay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.