All reviews view of taal lake robinsons supermarket breakfast buffet higher floor amusement park suite room rain shower beans an overnight stay starbucks balcony sky ranch convenience breeze fog soundproofing
Reviewed 26 July 2018

I don't know if it was because of the Heat and Humidity and the Air conditioner constantly being on, but every morning I woke up feeling damp. The service was hit and miss too, I remember calling for room service and it never arriving, then calling again and again until finally it came. Nice views of the volcano and Taal Lake and a convenient mall next door with Starbucks, Robinsons etc: but next time I would go down the road a bit to the Lake Hotel or Cliffhouse.

Room tip: Definetly one thats facing the Taal Lake/Volcano.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The Summit Ridge Tagaytay I visited recently now looks so different from the hotel I visited years ago. The hotel now looks old and lacks vibrance. There are now issues with leaking (there were lots at different floors when I took the elevator and they were doing repairs near the ballroom), scratched paints, dirty walls, and slow elevators. I am sad that the hotel didn’t seem to receive enough care and maintenance for it to reach such a state. The only thing that remained outstanding is the fantastic view of the Taal volcano from the balcony of each room. Just sad that even the iron balcony is now rusting and badly needs fresh paint.

The hotel dining area, Sartin, looks absolutely beautiful because of its design concept. From the lighting fixtures, to the furniture, to the color scheme, it looked elegant and classy. The food that they serve, though, is just average. The free breakfast, I would have to say, is just disappointing.

I think the most disappointing part for me was the service in the hotel. We had an event so I need to pick up several items from the parking area but no one offered assistance to carry the items so I ended up rolling the hotel cart all by myself.

During the event, we had the worst lunch ever among all the seminars we have conducted for years. And this feedback came from our guests. The local white cheese and organic tomato salad was bland, the sliced potatoes in the potato gratin was still raw, and the sliced roast beef with gravy was overseasoned. I observed our guests having lunch and none of them took a second serving and many of them had leftovers. For P1500 per head, it was the most expensive and disappointing seminar package we ever had.

I am writing this with the hope that it will be a better Summit Ridge Tagaytay the next time I visit. I really hope that the hotel will have a facelift which it deserves. I also hope that service and the quality of food they serve will be improved.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Summit Ridge Tagaytay is great for those who wants to visit Tagaytay and unwind, see the Taal Lake and Volcano and experience great dining. We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel expecting to get a feel of those stuff above and ended up really disappointed.

Room - okay considering it has a view. Lights should be properly installed, electrical sockets too! Which is very dangerous.
Food - only few choices from the buffet, non extra ordinary. Thank goodness there’s restaurants nearby which offer better selection and tastes.
Service - TERRIBLE. Two thumbs down. Front desk agent doesn’t feel very welcoming, they take too long before they can answer our call from the room. Called to change the sheets coz the baby’s diaper accidentally leaked in the bed while sleeping, housekeepers just dried the bed pad with the blower from our bathroom and put it back in. They did not even changed it, they just changed the flat sheet, how unhygienic! My brother had to sleep beside me coz he feels very disgusted. We also had electrical issues in our room; I heard something popped and we suddenly had no lights on a side of our room so we called someone to assist us. I guess engineering came and just checked on it and after that he just walked out without even saying bye or everything’s good, that’s really rude.

I wouldn’t wanna stay again in this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank msmikkaela
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

For the amount we paid, I was pleasantly surprised with our stay in this hotel. You have a spacious 30-sqm, clean room complete with tv, fridge, in-room safe, bedroom slippers, comfy duvet covers and pillows, an equally spacious bathroom, and your own balcony with an unobstructed view of Taal.
This reminds me of the Mountain View rooms of a nearby refurbished hotel -- comfortable and spacious with signs of age. I am not complaining though -- Summit Ridge is only 3/4 of the price of the other hotel considering that it's a long weekend...plus you have the view! Happy with our last-minute booking! We will definitely consider this hotel again on our future visits.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2018

This place lacks pretty much everything you would expect from a hotel.
Wifi is uselessly slow, TV is not working, Hot water in the shower is not working, Aircon is more like a fan, and the housekeeping is not able to fix any of these issues.
There is no room service at all.
The breakfast in the morning is the worst I have ever had (cold rice and all other options smell like rotten fish).
The rooms are cheaply furnished, dated and not properly cleaned.
The rooms are not sound proof at all, so the busy road in front of the hotel will keep you awake all night.....

Date of stay: June 2018