All reviewsview of taal lakerobinsons supermarketbreakfast buffethigher floornice viewbalcony overlookingamusement parkthe main roadcourteous staffspacious rooman overnight staystarbucksskyranchconveniencedrainagedecember
Reviewed 6 October 2017

It was not my first time in Summit Ridge, since I have visited the hotel a couple of times for dinner symposiums and events. My first time to stay in the hotel though, since we weren't able to avail a room at the venue of our convention.

The hotel's location is good, being in close proximity to the major attractions in Tagaytay City, the supermarket beside it, the convenience stores in the nearby condominium, and the restaurants across the hotel.

I was not expecting much from this hotel because of the feedback that I heard from colleagues who have stayed here. Check in process was fast. The room was clean, I noticed though signs of poor maintenance in the flooring of the shower area, but is still clean.

My only concern is the breakfast. I hope they will not serve the same menu for 2-3 consecutive days since some guests stay for more than a night. If I come with kids, I am sure they will not mind that much, as long as there is egg, cereals and soup.

I hope next time if I can visit again, that there will be improvement. As this is very close to my workplace, maybe I can consider staying again next time.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We went there December 2016 during the peak season. At first glance, place is nice. Close to a mall where you can easily dine. Elevator seems to be inadequate with the number of guests they have. Room given to us is so-so. Veranda door in our room is not lockable so I cannot sleep as I like. Breakfast is so-so also, poorly maintained and served; quite dirty in fact the food area. Not much selection on food specially if you are in a diet or looking for healthier ones. Lastly, the receptionist is not accommodating at all. We have several bags with us and I have to ask where we could leave it in a secure place and ask me to place it in their makeshift secured place. No lounge for you to wait. My two secure companion have to find a suitable place to seat while we are all waiting for the room to be cleaned and become available.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

The only advantage in this hotel is the view of Taal Vocano and the lake. Other than that... there's none.

Upon check-in the front office was very unwelcoming... although she was busy attending a checking out guest... but i guess i deserve a little attention since i was standing in front of the counter for over 10 mins... not even a hi sir ill attend to you after. So I called her attention and but she smirked and said wait po. Well i dont have a choice but wait.

In our 2 days stay - breakfast was poorest. The same lousy menu, hotdog, small sized dried fish & rice.

Theres no car service... i have to call Avis rent a car in Taal Vista Hotel for our car transfers to NAIA.

Well but no regrets, going to Tagaytay what youre after is the view of taal, the view from our room was worth it. Just make sure youre on a higher floor - preferably 8 up.

Thanks!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We had done a group booking of 14 people at this hotel. Check in was smooth and rooms were big and comfortable. Pool was nice and clean and we couldn't stop ourselves to take a dip. Breakfast menu provided a lot of options and there was a live counter as well. Good restaurants a just few meters away and the best part was Starbucks which was like very close by. Overall a good stay and would love to come back soon.

Stayed: October 2016
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight on Aug 26. This is our nth stay here but sadly, quality is somewhat deteriorating. Green dirt mat in the lobby stank and shower water temp was tepid at best. Beddings were still of good quality though at least.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family