“Overnight stay is not enough”

Anya Resort Tagaytay
Ranked #9 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed October 9, 2017

We recently had a chance to experience this hotel and overall it was all worth it. There were a lot of people during the weekend as expected but it was still relaxing with peaceful surroundings and fresh air of Tagaytay at least compare to Manila.
The infinity pool is very inviting and we couldn't help but spend our whole afternoon there while watching the sunset. Our suite is very spacious with a nice balcony, their bathroom has dual sink so we didn't have to fight over one sink to get ready for the day.
The service from the lifestyle assistants, waiters and our housekeeping attendant was exceptional - they were all very helpful and attentive to our needs. I like the small details in the suite like the welcome home from dried leaves and their turndown treat is to die for.
We cannot wait for our next stay next month and we will surely invite our friends over so they can also experience luxury at its finest.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Peter D, General Manager at Anya Resort Tagaytay, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2017

Dear Skydiverphl,

Mabuhay!

Thank you so much for your fantastic review about your recent stay here at Anya your new found home in Tagaytay. it was lovely to have you with us and glad you had a memorable and relaxing stay. thank you for highlighting our infinity pool and of course the sunset which is becoming a popular time of the day at the pool and Samira terrace viewpoint.

Thank you for also mentioning our lifestyle assistants, F&B service team and housekeeping team. we do our turndown treats in house and its done by one our passionate pastry chef Renan with wealth of experience under his belt.

Till we meet again wishing you only the best and see you soon.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

The new "it" hotel in Tagaytay. This is a place where individual, couple and family will enjoy. The amenities are superb not to mention the service of the employees which I think is the main reason why Anya will be known as the new landmark of tagaytay.
Thank you for a wonderful stay and the surprise bday cake I got. It was a memorable celebration of my special day.
Til next stay.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Mabuhay!

Thank you for sharing your experience at Anya here on tripadvisor and glad to know that our team made little more difference during your stay with us. truly said Anya is setting benchmark here in tagaytay and will not be too long rest of philippines.

We are working day and night on our promise to deliver genuine filipino hospitality and feedback like this will only motivate us to achieve more.

Very eager to welcome you back soon to our little slice of paradise here in tagaytay.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

My family and I always enjoy a weekend get-away from time to time. And I must say that Anya Resort is very much worth the trip. Warm and friendly staff. Clean and relaxing atmosphere. Everything you want for a perfect weekend escape. Definitely a place to make memories with family and friends.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Guest,

Mabuhay!

Thank you very much for your 5star review, i am happy that you felt the warmth of our team members and you had relaxing weekend escape.

Anya is all about creating those amazing moments for our guest and thank you for being part of our ever growing family.

Looking forward for your next visit soon in our little paradise.

Reviewed October 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here last Oct 7-8 to celebrate my son and mother’s birthday.

We booked online and one week before our stay a Lifestyle Assistant sent me some email regarding our booking and preferences.

I clearly stated there that I need an adjacent rooms or at least the same rooms in one villa since we will be staying there as one family.

Unfortunately they still put us in different villas. It was very inconvenient in a rainy season since we need to walk about 5-7 minutes to get into the other room where my mother and kids were staying.

I asked Krizza if they can just gave the other room (807) to us instead of the 503 in Villa 5 since we were staying at 808 but there were a lot of inconsistencies of reasons given to me. First she said that I booked 2 Veranda suites and only one Veranda suite was available in one villa, and room 807 was a junior suite.

I told her no, and that I booked one junior suite and one veranda. She told me she will check it, and afterwards she told me that room 807 is not yet ready and their staffs are looking after a lot of guests. (I felt like, so we are not guests to be prioritized???) I asked her how many hours do we need to wait and we are willing to wait to avoid the inconvenience of staying from different villas, and still she can’t provide any clear answers and told me she really doesn’t know.

Just not to spoil our vacation and I am also tired to argue, we had no choice but to take the room in villa 5 with so much inconvenience!

Hopefully next time they will take the request seriously from their guests and do what it takes to give that convenient stay they are promoting. It caused us too much inconvenience to think we have kids and a senior citizen!

Not sure if I will come back despite that I loved the ambiance, the rooms (though we experienced clogged shower area but they fixed it), the comfy beds and their food. Even appreciated all the staffs they were very helpful especially their Managers, saw them doing some of the “dirty” works and they were very hands on.

And by the way, there was a house near the suite we stayed in Villa 8 and there was something that smelled unpleaseant. I think that was a shrimp paste. Not sure if they are manufacturing it there, but I believed the management should do something about it.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Kristine F
Peter D, General Manager at Anya Resort Tagaytay, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Kristine F,

Warm greetings from your home Anya resort Tagaytay,

I will like to apologise for inconvenience caused to you and your family during your stay with us. your feedback is well noted and necessary measure taken to avoid this to happen again. every villa has different configuration of suites for e.g king bed, twin bed and garden and veranda suites its unfortunate we could not accommodate your request this time.

Every guest is our VIP and priority is given to all of our guest. i assure you we shall take very good care of your request next time. we have noted your other concern you raised of villa 8.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and definitely look forward to welcome you and your family back to our little paradise.

Reviewed October 7, 2017

We stayed at the new Anya Resort Tagaytay to celebrate my wife's birthday during the last week of September. I could not find any fault with the property as it was a new development. The lobby was beautifully and tastefully decorated and the room we stayed at (6001) exuded luxury. However, despite the feast for the eyes Anya Resort Tagaytay is, there were numerous lapses in service during our stay that left more to be desired. These lapses I will try to expound in my review below.

1. Most of my requests were denied or flat-out turned down - This happened on a number of occasions during our stay. First, I tried requesting to borrow a phone charger for my wife, as she had left her charger back in Manila. I assumed that someone from the staff would have a spare charger to loan, but I guess I expected a bit too much from them. They called to inform me that they do not have phone chargers to lend out. The second time I was denied was when I tried to request to be transferred to a higher category room. The Lifestyle Assistant (the term they use to refer to their concierge) flat out said that they were fully booked for the weekend and couldn't do anything about it. The third time I was denied was when I tried purchasing the in-room SLH Guide (they are included in the Small Luxury Hotels association). They said that they did not have copies of the said guide available for sale.

2. Flies in the outdoor restaurant - On both days when we had breakfast, there were quite a number of flies in the dining area which the staff couldn't do anything about. My wife even saw flies swimming in salad dressing and landing on the food. The restaurant admitted that presence of flies are a concern for them as the property was situated adjacent to a poultry farm.

3. There was no evening turn down service - I would expect luxury hotels to have evening turn down, but apparently this isn't the norm at Anya Resort Hotel. This happened during the 2nd night of our stay. We came back from dinner to find the room in the same situation we left it. Our room was turned down during our first night only because I called up the Lifestyle Manager to request for them to set-up the sofa bed for my daughter.

4. Service was spotty and oftentimes slow - We experienced this a number of times in the main restaurant and the pool area. The service staff took about 15 to 20 minutes to clear a restaurant table that was vacated by guests. We had already finished our dinner before the restaurant staff cleared a table beside ours. It also took about that long before staff in the pool area removed used towels from the lounge chairs. The last incident that drove home the point to me that their service was slow happened as we were about to check out. I requested for a golf cart to have our bags picked up to be transferred to the lobby. The vehicle took about a good 30 minutes to arrive.

5. Poolside dining was not allowed even if it was expressly written in their welcome letter that it was possible to dine poolside. We were made to sit at the restaurant in our wet clothes. The manager apologized for this rule change and further explained that they were just preventing possible accidents such as broken glass from happening.

6. When I booked our stay, I expressly mentioned that we were celebrating my wife's birthday and said that any gesture from the part of the hotel would be appreciated. We checked in a day before my wife's birthday and they gave us a cake in the room. I thought to myself that the hotel was off to a good start because of this gesture. However, on the day of my wife's birthday, there wasn't a whiff of remembrance that we were celebrating something. I've read reviews on Trip Advisor on how Anya Resort Tagaytay would go the extra mile for guests celebrating birthdays such as greet them everytime they see them or prepare a rose petal bath, but we did not experience this during our stay.

6. The last straw in the string of disappointments happened during check out when they tried charging me for a laundry bag that I used to put in my dirty laundry. Charging a guest for a laundry bag is unheard of in luxury hotels, especially if the hotel is trying to come off as a high-end, luxury establishment. We've spent for breakfast and dinner at their property, the least they could do was not charge me for a laundry bag. This was truly a humiliating experience that was a cap to our stay at the Anya Resort Tagaytay.

I truly wanted to love our stay at the Anya Resort Tagaytay. The staff were generally friendly and the food in their restaurant was very good for Tagaytay standards. However, the service lapses overshadowed the eye-candy quality of the hotel. I would like to attribute these hiccups to the hotel being on soft opening. But if Anya Resort Tagaytay would want to be known as a luxury hotel in the vein of SLH, they would have to get over these service issues as soon as possible.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family

Dear RVSantiago,

Warm greetings from your home Anya resort Tagaytay,

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. its very unfortunate and i can assure you that this will be addressed and put in place as we move forward.

I have sent you an email few days ago after reading the guest comment card you had filled up prior to your departure and if you permit we could discuss and answer your concerns raised separately.

In meantime i look forward to welcome you back to our little paradise.