All reviews the main road tagaytay highlands taal lake smelled fresh needed a place to stay screen door room balcony mango enjoy the view nice view relaxing stay bed and breakfast two thumbs worth the price an overnight stay tub privacy
Reviewed 1 January 2019 via mobile

We were very excited glamping in this place as I have seen that it’s quite new and very instagram worthy. It wasn’t cheap,also cost 3,150php. I saw good reviews.Unfortunately ,on our way there ,we were informed that we cannot use the place due to the weather condition.But when I called to ask for a refund as we were already on our way and of course we needed a place to stay,they said there was a miscommunication and in fact the place is okay and safe (may just be a lil bit muddy).When we arrived there ,we were already quite hesitant as it was very windy and rainy. I asked if they have available room they said they have none. We tried to stay in the tent but we were too scared as the weather was so bad and we felt that we weren’t safe so we asked the staff to check what he can do about it. THe tent seemed like it was about to collapse.Too bad,the only thing they can offer was for us to transfer in the driver’s quarters. We agreed as we had no choice (the weather was so bad to move to another hotel and it is already too expensive)and we feel that it was much safer than in the tent. We didn’t get to sleep well as it was too smelly (smell of the toilet)and there were mosquitoes.We were very uncomfortable the whole night.In the morning,we stayed in the lobby for the rest of our stay til we can move on to our next hotel. The staff was kind and I know the weather was not their fault .But we could have had a better offer like they could have booked us and transferred us to another hotel. It was a disappointing stay (in fact traumatic)for us and we were very upset. Luckily,we were able to check in early (12pm) in a more comfortable hotel the next day. We were still thankful that they offered to drive us to the next hotel which is actually just very near but the extreme weather would make it impossible for us to walk there.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank May C
James_Apollo, General Manager at 8 Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi May, We apologize for the unfortunate event. There was a storm and bad weather that day, we tried the best we could but we are fully booked that day. We will make sure that this will not happen again.

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

8 suites is the kind of hotel in Tagaytay where i can spend my entire day in the room/hotel. The view from the entire hotel is just stunning and magestic. I also enjoyed the hot choco, smores and bonfire night prepared by the hotel for the guest. Breakfast at the balcony/veranda was superb..

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank lakwatseringpulubi
Reviewed 29 December 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing unforgettable stay here with my partner last week! Well maintained, quiet, spectacular view, clean and polished rooms with bathtub - you name it, if you want an relaxing stay away from the city, i bet you this is the place to be! Thank you 8 suites for making our 4th anniversary extra special!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a nice view I love drinking coffee at the garden maybe needs more colorful flower such as sunflower and more pine trees please the smell of pine is really refreshing in that garden.

This hotel only offers POWDERED JUICE!!!!! Not even canned juice is available.
This hotel will go miles just to please their guest so much appreciation to Sheen and to the staff that drove us from Lake Hotel (because they didn’t have their own vehicle). This hotel called tricycle for us and even drove their vehicle to pick us up. All the staff were friendly and helpful even the chef came up to our table when we had our lunch to explain the food on the menu.

Room- they’re nice, the bed is a bit hard. The tiles needs changing it might be best to change it into wood tiles. We never wear our shoes around the room because we never know what bacteria we pick up on our shoes however, in this hotel we did because the floor is very dusty and felt very sticky. I noticed this kind of problem with the same kind of tiles before from other places. And maybe the housekeeper just needs to clean it and dry the floor properly.

Restroom- This one I must say is very nicely design but not practical. The bath is also the shower and it was just difficult to have a shower in this bath and trying not to splash the water everywhere. The water is hot which I love because having hot water shower at home and then going to a hotel only to get cold water is probably one of the most unhappy memory you can have.

Terrace- It’s easily the highlight of the hotel, we never really feel comfortable eating in our room but this hotel is very nice for room dining. Drinking coffee, having breakfast in their balcony is one of my favorites during this holiday stay. The weather is very friendly too so you can go out on the balcony and not get fried to death by Mr. Sun. The guard rails are all rusted and really needs maintenance I was scared for my LO because she kept holding on to the rails and got very worried if she cut herself with all the rust in it.

Lobby- It felt like home although we have a bigger sala, when we arrive we felt like going back to our house very nice interiors. Very slippery floor.

Restaurant- this needs changing the way it’s laid out, it doesn’t make you feel like eating there.

Food- I believe the choices were a bit poor specially you’re located at a very remote area, you need to offer more choices of food people enjoy the nice view and then they get hungry. You can’t just live on view. Also, the very least you can offer is a mango shake if you’re scared of rotten mango because you didn’t sell it, you can just slice the mango before hand and then freeze them they’ll last for about 6months and make sure you pack them in a separate bag per 1 glass of mango shake.

Suggestion when you decide to renovate:

Change the guard rails into all glass or if not make the rails vertical for the safety of the children. (This really needs an immediate maintenance it’s all rusted and really dangerous for tetanus.

Change the bed because it’s getting a bit worn and hard.

The sliding doors are also worn.

The furniture set outside is also a bit worn it might be best to get something like this rily-outdoor-swing-stripe-green from Mandaue Foam (FYI I am not connected to them). And a steel outdoor table.

I believe instead of having bath shower you should just put a shower in the CR and an outdoor bath/jacuzzi in the terrace. (This is expensive but it can be a huge improvement).

TV is too small, instead of DVD you should just offer Netflix. Internet in the rooms I know what you’re point about having a quite and relaxing day but people also have emails to catch up it would be nice if you could enjoy the view while catching up with your work in your room balcony.

For drinks this is your biggest downside. Instead of powdered juice offer a smoothie instead buy an ice cream fruit flavor 1 scoop with some ice and condensed milk/sugar and milk will give you a mango or any other fruit smoothie.

Buy canned juices because these have really long sell by dates, you’ll easily sell this and it’s not difficult for storage.

There’s my 5 cents I hope when we come back we’ll be pleased again in a Laida version 2.0 kind of way. Just kidding

P.s. I read your comment from previous reviewer and I believe you shouldn’t say we share our home with you, because in all honesty the guest pay for their stay they didn’t go there because you offered them to stay at your place as a non paying guest.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 26 December 2018

The premium room has an exclusive view of the Taal Lake. The staff were all courteous and helpful. The place is quite far from the city proper which makes it more peaceful.

Overall, a beautiful place worth coming back to.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple