Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews infinity pool prestige room nice view taal lake breakfast spread ceiling fan great staycation upon check wifi connection boutique hotel lahat bellissima balcony instagram weekday toiletries hahaha
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My partner and I had our 3-night staycation at Escala Tagaytay in late May to early June 2021.

The Suite: Wanting to have a panoramic view of both Taal Lake and Taal Volcano directly from the suite itself, we decided to book the Prestige Room. Our most favourite part of the suite was the private balcony itself. Truth be told, we really loved the balcony to the extent that we were reluctant to leave it; thus, we decided to call for in-room dining very often. At the end of the balcony, one can have an expansive view of the hotel’s infinity pool.

The Hotel: From the entrance of the hotel, you can get a good bird’s eye view of their famous infinity pool facing the lake and this also provides the backdrop of the lobby. If you stay at Escala Tagaytay just for the pool, you surely will not regret it. However, it is pertinent to keep your expectation low since the infinity pool is not heated. So, it can be unbearably cold at times given the relatively cooler climate of Tagaytay. Though the infinity pool may steal the show, the hotel itself is designed in such a way that it blends well with the landscape, making it always Instagram-ready. There is only one and only main restaurant in the hotel - Bellissima Restaurant.

Services: Overall, the customer service at Escala Tagaytay is satisfactory, if not, particularly excellent. Prior to our arrival, there was a delay in responding to our query email that I had to make a follow-up before our decision to go ahead with the booking. However, things were quickly fixed and seamless regarding the payment process in order to secure our reservation. Special mention to Lawrence, one of the front desk staff, for being attentive to our each and every need.

Food & Beverages: The aspect that we did not like about the hotel was how limited the food selection was. Given the fact that our stay was during the pandemic and coupled with the possible reason that our 3-night staycation fell on a weekday, it is totally understandable that the choice of breakfast spread was rather limited due to low occupancy. However, we did expect the restaurant to be flexible and accommodating in adjusting the breakfast plate, which it was not the case unfortunately. Even more so, we were given to understand that the breakfast spread is served in an unlimited buffet style during the weekends. So, this is a huge setback to us that we did highlight to the front desk, especially the hotel rate during the weekdays is not far different than the rate during the weekends. As our suite’s private balcony was our favourite part of the entire hotel for unwinding, some of our meals and afternoon teatimes were served in-room.

Activities & Excursions: Escala Tagaytay is not a resort, but rather a boutique hotel. However, given its excellent location and the great view, one does not have to go out of the hotel in order to marvel nature’s gift!

In conclusion, if you are tired of your daily life and work during this pandemic, at the same time looking for a quick getaway that is not too far from Manila, Escala Tagaytay can promise you a great staycation experience! We had another round of lockdown again brought by the pandemic prior to that, but we came home feeling recharged and refreshed right after the staycation. It was worth the wait and investment!

Room tip: As mentioned in my feedback, go for the Prestige Room!
Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank guschai
Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

First time to visit Bellissima Restaurant. Good food. Amazing view. Served well by staff Laham. Very attentive to customers need. Nice facilities. Highly recommended. Over all, nice place. We’ll return again.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mariani2s
Reviewed 20 June 2021

We had a father's day celebration here at Escala. Unfortunately, the infinity pool is not in service until further notice (in compliance with Tagaytay health protocols). I would like to commend Sir Ariel for his service at the restaurant.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 18 May 2021

the place is so beautiful. I really love the view of the taal. The staffs are so welcoming and hospitable. The room is neat and good. It is actually my second time to checkin on this hotel and it didn't disappoint me that I choose to stay on this hotel again.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

This is my second time in Escala..My family and I stayed for a night and as expected, the view, the food, and the service are all fantastic. These for me are the balance of a world class service.. Laham, our server indeed gave us one of the best customer service experience!

Date of stay: March 2021