All reviews infinity pool nice view taal volcano cheese bread pork adobo breakfast buffet family room walking distance executive room the breakfast area ceiling fan upon check hotel lobby one of a kind f b early check parking area
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 November 2020 via mobile

We visited with my partner to celebrate pur anniversary. The place is superb. Pool is so nice. We also ate at bellisima restaurant and their seafood pasta is promising ❤️ I would like to commend the staffs they are so accommodating and very polite. So far the only thing that I didn't like was the noise that woke me up at around 3am it came from the roof and I think someone was busy upstairs, I heard foot steps. Maybe because we were located at L1. Over all we had a great stay. Thank you.

Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 3 November 2020

Spent my birthday staycation here during the pandemic. The covered parking is across the main hotel. There is a guard who will assist you. You have to sign a health declaration form & pass through temp scanner & disinfectant mist. A security deposit of 2000 is needed. Clean & used pens are separate. The pool at night is amazing at it has lights. Deluxe Room where we stayed was on L3. Amenities are tv with cignal cable, electric kettle, aircon, ceiling fan, blower, hot & cold shower, complete bathroom toiletries. Wifi & network signal in the room is weak. Breakfast was plated but has choices, filipino, sweets, american. We choose american. I love the waffles, tsokolate batirol & sausage. The bacon was a bit bland. Prices on the Bellissima restaurant is good for sharing. Pizza and pasta are not the best but has big servings. Waiters are very accommodating. Too bad we were not able to enjoy the pool & the scenery because it was foggy due to a typhoon. There is a gym but we did not use it. Downside of the room is you can hear the next room people if they are too noisy. Room has a pool view. No handtowel provided but all other toilet amenities are their.
Will I go back? Yes.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 26 October 2020

It's a good hotel, the rooms are new and clean and our Executive room had a fantastic view of Lake Taal and the surrounding green hills. The pool is also perfectly placed to catch the best of that fascinating spectacle of Mother Nature while immersed in water.

What actually disappointed me is the lack of much of what makes a hotel stay a great experience, view or non view. The food has a limited menu and the quality would be about OK for a family restaurant or a 2-star restaurant, definitely not for a 4-star hotel.

The pool is very nice but it comes with no amenities. The SPA was closed, because of Covid lockdown. The gym is tiny.

The Customer Service was a mixed bag. Concierge and cleaning staff was corteous. Staff at the restaurant was poorly trained. The few times we ate there we had to repeat our requests them several times because they kept "forgetting". And the place wasn't even that busy.

On the plus side, the WiFi connection was pretty good, I have seen much worse even in larger cities.

All in all, not a terrible experience, but definitely overpriced for what it offers. I would echo a few fellow Reviewers saying that, given the location, Escala has the potential to be the best boutique hotel in Tagaytay. Unfortunately customer service, underwhelming food experience and lack of amenities worth a 4-star hotel spoil the game.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

The view alone is worth the drive, relaxing view, classy interior and good service
The food was Great indeed.
Special thank MR. LAHAM for giving us great service while having our anniversary lunch at Bellisima Restaurant keep it up

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 24 February 2020 via mobile

This place was the highlight of our trip, it was so serene and clean the staff was amazing the food was so good, it’s mixed with Filipino cuisine and also western food. I can’t wait to go back! Thank you escala.

Date of stay: December 2019