“A Culinary Suprise! from a hidden Sanctuary in Tagaytay”
Review of Escala Tagaytay

Escala Tagaytay
Ranked #8 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed October 17, 2017

On our search for a birthday venue we came to find Escala Tagaytay, we dined for lunch and it was surprisingly delicious and very affordable! A very rare find in a commercialized tourist area. The Culinary Delight is orchestrated by Chef Rex Formarejo who also graciously chatted with us after our feast. A highly recommended place for diners looking for Filipino themed dishes. The ambiance and spectacular scenic view of Taal Volcano is a freebie. One of my recommended place to try.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Walter_triccie_reese

Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

We checked-in at Escala Tagaytay for my boyfriends birthday. We got the promo rate that they have from the website. Thanks to Michael(if I’m not mistaken)from FO that gave us a room with a beautiful view of taal❤️ It was surreal! The room is clean and with balcony overlooking the view. It was quite romantic. Facilities are also complete but for their spa they only offer room service. Overall it was a great hotel but when I called for room service for some snacks I ordered 1 iced cappuccino, 1 cafe latte and some ensaymada, after a while when we got our order they gave us the opera cake and not ensaymada! Then we received our bill its worth 800++ just for the cake that we didn’t really ordered. Also our breakfast experience they only have few guests in the restaurant but we need to ask for our coffee several times and they gave us 2 omelette?!seriously?I believe coffee is different from omelette! We almost finish our breakfast when they gave our coffee and its not that hot. I think restaurant staff should be more focused on the guest needs rather than focused on cleaning more tables before closing.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

Escala has a long way to go if it wants to be the classy hotel it wants to be, in terms of ambiance, service, and food. The only redeeming value is the location, the view, and the pool. From the time we arrived, my sense of the place was one of chaos. It didn't help that they were having an event right at the dining area that somehow spilled over the lobby. That sense of chaos even extended during breakfast rush. There was just no order to the placements of the stations.

All in all, the experience fell short of our expectations. I would concede, however, that the view, as always, did not disappoint.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank samsumaray
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

We booked a family room for 6 pax and we got 2 additional bed for P13,500. The size of the room was just okay for us but what disappointed me the most was the room is located at the lowest level of the hotel. Yes we have a balcony overlooking the tall lake but lower ground floor. We have to pass by the swimming pool and go one more floor down. Also the shower room in the room was not properly cleaned or maintained. There was a black stains on the lower corner of the shower door. Anyway, the infinity pool is great, and a picturesque view of the taal lake and a beautiful interior of the hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank yana d
Reviewed September 26, 2017

Me and my girlfriend is in awe on how pretty this place is. Quiet, well- staffed, and modern. Another bonus was the very helpful employees they have. Shoutout to Ms. Pearl Baybay who never showed me that I was a bother given that I contacted her weeks before about some requests and inquiries I had via email. She even would go out of her way just to cater to my requests. Kudos to you Ms. Pearl! Thumbs up to the gentleman that checked us in and to who helped me set up the amenity I have for the gf :)

The place was not along the highway which makes it private and cozy. Good food from the breakfast buffet to the room service for dinner we had. Wished we stayed for more nights. Will come back again!

Room Tip: Contact their in house reservation personnel Ms. Pearl Baybay. All of the rooms have pretty much a g...