“It is always worth coming back to!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Kimberly

Hotel Kimberly
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Luzon, Philippines
“It is always worth coming back to!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 week ago

Our family visited Hotel Kimberly for the second time last February 2017 to celebrate our child's 5th birthday. As we were also here 3 years ago, we got the impression that this hotel is indeed family- and child-friendly.

As our child is now more mature, he got to enjoy the hotel services and facilities better. Overall, I believe he had a great time. He especially enjoyed the playground and the mini zoo.

The staff were still very accommodating and responded to our requests courteously. They even obliged to give a slide of cake and sing a birthday song to our son during breakfast.

The room and the hotel amenities (e.g., pool area, garden) were clean and relaxing. The playground and the mini zoo were engaging, especially for kids.

The food was fine and worth the price.

Internet (wifi) access was weak though.

Overall, our family experience for the second time in Hotel Kimberly was very good. And for us, this hotel is always worth coming back to.

• Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
2 Thank loids2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pros
1.Room: Nothing fancy but it is spacious and clean. Barhroom design is quite outdated but still acceptable and beds are comfortable.  Room 401 balcony "view" is - the roof... Over all 4/5

2. Food: Great..  and price is not too expensive. Also love the fact that they serve most dishes with lots of fresh vegetables. Probably fresh from their farm.
Buffet breakfast is also good. Quite a number of choices from american to filipino breakfast( tocino, pancake, french toast, pork, etc) 4/5

3. Parking: We check-in on a sunday so there's lots of parking space..5/5

4. Pool : average size . Some creativity with additional water features would be great.3/5

5. "Mini zoo" and playground . Nice additional attration for kids. Would be better if animals were roaming freely. Would give the place a more nature feel.3/5

6. Staff: great friendly staff almost comparable service when we visited pearl farm. Very courteous and would greet you everytime you cross path..Life guard (Chito) is very friendly and thanked us for visiting the place, he goes extra mile to attend to your needs, he even gave us candle while dining near the pool to shoo away some hovering flies... Waitress (Aira) very accomodating and great service, very polite. Doorman, room boys and other staff always ready to greet you with a polite smile. I was surprised thay my 8 y/o son even wrote a note before we left for the great service. He does that everytime he enjoys our stay. 4/5

Cons:
1. Reception counter staff : One of the most terrible reception staff i have ever encountered. If it was only one person id probably understand. But all 3 or 4 of them were total failure when it comes to guest service. We came from manila and was really tired of the travel , we arrived a little early (around 1pm) and took my chance to ask the reception desk if we can do an early check in.
One staff said theres no avalible room and check in is at 2pm. ( ok..we knew its 2pm. We just asked just in case room is already avail. It happens sometines with other hotels). Btw, she said this in a not so pleasant way. ( parang , gusto sabihin ang aga aga pa eh). We'll at least they could said in a nice way sana. Anyway, i knew check -in is 2pm so we just waited near the playground. I came back at 1:50pm thinking its only 10 minutes and my two kids already wanted to change clothes and take a nap.  Still i was informed to wait at exactly 2pm . (They seemed annoyed that i came back still 10 minutes before 2.
So.. we waited....again..)
.It was already 2:20 pm and still we do not have a room , i was almost getting impatient ...but didnt want to spoil our short overnight vacation. I just went outside to get some fresh air..  On my way out i asked the doorman, "what time is your check-in? "...... "2pm sir, what room are you checked in? " he said.  I told him "hangang ngayon wala pa ngang binibigay na room". And the doorman went to the reception to fup our check in. .only after that we were able to get a room.

Since there  were 4 of us (my wife +2 kids) whos going to occupy the room.. i asked the receptionist if i can request for a spare card key. (As i always do when i check in) . The one in red told me "one keycard per room policy only". Wow.. even 1 star hotels can give you spare card keys sometimes. I didnt say anything..just went to our room with only 1 card key. Few minutes later i went down to get additional stuff in our car and when i came back to our room.. theres no doorbell so i have to knock hard and wake up my wife and kids whos already resting.
I decided to come back to reception again and asked a different staff if they dont really give out extra keys. The staff(not the previous 3 receptionist) this time said " nag bibigay po depende sa availability. " i thought.. well there were only like 3 or 4 cars parked so malamang marami naman available cguro na card key.
She picked up a card and asked the other staff to program it. Finally additional key was handed over to me by a non smiling / frowning receptionist.
I cant believe these receptionist. They totally destroyed the friendly atmosphere that all other staff provided.
Here are their pictures.
These 3 receptionist should be given a full course on guest relation .

Would i recommend this hotel?
YES but only if you can check in without going through these untrained receptionists.

Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
4 Thank deta1976
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear deta1976,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. We really appreciate this as it allows us to see what we are doing right and where we can improve. I'm glad you had a good stay except for the guest reception service you experienced. For this, I must apologize. Rest assured, we have taken your comments seriously and are investigating the matter closely. I hope this doesn't detract you from staying with us again in the future. I assure you I will do everything I can to make sure this does not happen to you or any of our guests again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay did not disappoint- it's a great venue for team building and conferences.

The staff are alert and responsive to your needs. The facilities are in good working condition, the reception area and the rooms arr spacious. the breakfast spread above average, the food is delicious. highly recommended for both business and leisure gatherings.

Stayed February 2017, traveled on business
TagaytayKimberly, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear milesgc,

Thank you for your feedback. I truly appreciate it. i'm very glad to see you enjoyed every aspect and look forward to having you return again in the future.

london
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The rooms are ok, although the bathroom needs some maintenance ( tiles off and dated)
The staff was very helpful and polite unlike the management unfortunately.
It was very noisy at night so I couldn't sleep.
The hotel location is far from the centre if you don't have a car and being a woman on your own there is nothing to do.
I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2016, traveled solo
1 Thank qumbarra
Dear qumbarra,

I'm sorry you didn't like the management? Please let me know more about your experience by contacting me here on Tripadvisor or thru email at natalie.ng@hotelkimberly.com. It is extremely rare that we have solo travelers in our hotel. Were you part of a group event? For future reference, we do have complimentary shuttles that take our guests around popular Tagaytay stops. Otherwise our location (less than 3km from the ridge) usually makes for a more tranquil stay for guests while still being accessible to the rest of the city.

Regards,
San Juan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel Kimberly provides the best staycation for families with kids. You need not venture outside of the hotel grounds because of the complete set of activities they already have in place that families can enjoy. They hotel truly understands what family staycation is about. A++ for the great service and amenities.

While they can improve on the selection of food in their menu as well as ensure that all food served during breakfast is hot, our overall experience in Hotel Kimberly was great.

Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank armayo
Dear armayo,

Thank you very much for your review and the A++ rating! Wow, that is truly a compliment! Rest assured, we have brought your comment on food temperature to our Chef and this will be addressed.

We look forward to seeing you return again in the future.