“Great stay except..... ”
Review of Hotel Kimberly

Hotel Kimberly
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
“Great stay except..... ”
Reviewed February 28, 2017 via mobile

Pros
1.Room: Nothing fancy but it is spacious and clean. Barhroom design is quite outdated but still acceptable and beds are comfortable.  Room 401 balcony "view" is - the roof... Over all 4/5

2. Food: Great..  and price is not too expensive. Also love the fact that they serve most dishes with lots of fresh vegetables. Probably fresh from their farm.
Buffet breakfast is also good. Quite a number of choices from american to filipino breakfast( tocino, pancake, french toast, pork, etc) 4/5

3. Parking: We check-in on a sunday so there's lots of parking space..5/5

4. Pool : average size . Some creativity with additional water features would be great.3/5

5. "Mini zoo" and playground . Nice additional attration for kids. Would be better if animals were roaming freely. Would give the place a more nature feel.3/5

6. Staff: great friendly staff almost comparable service when we visited pearl farm. Very courteous and would greet you everytime you cross path..Life guard (Chito) is very friendly and thanked us for visiting the place, he goes extra mile to attend to your needs, he even gave us candle while dining near the pool to shoo away some hovering flies... Waitress (Aira) very accomodating and great service, very polite. Doorman, room boys and other staff always ready to greet you with a polite smile. I was surprised thay my 8 y/o son even wrote a note before we left for the great service. He does that everytime he enjoys our stay. 4/5

Cons:
1. Reception counter staff : One of the most terrible reception staff i have ever encountered. If it was only one person id probably understand. But all 3 or 4 of them were total failure when it comes to guest service. We came from manila and was really tired of the travel , we arrived a little early (around 1pm) and took my chance to ask the reception desk if we can do an early check in.
One staff said theres no avalible room and check in is at 2pm. ( ok..we knew its 2pm. We just asked just in case room is already avail. It happens sometines with other hotels). Btw, she said this in a not so pleasant way. ( parang , gusto sabihin ang aga aga pa eh). We'll at least they could said in a nice way sana. Anyway, i knew check -in is 2pm so we just waited near the playground. I came back at 1:50pm thinking its only 10 minutes and my two kids already wanted to change clothes and take a nap.  Still i was informed to wait at exactly 2pm . (They seemed annoyed that i came back still 10 minutes before 2.
So.. we waited....again..)
.It was already 2:20 pm and still we do not have a room , i was almost getting impatient ...but didnt want to spoil our short overnight vacation. I just went outside to get some fresh air..  On my way out i asked the doorman, "what time is your check-in? "...... "2pm sir, what room are you checked in? " he said.  I told him "hangang ngayon wala pa ngang binibigay na room". And the doorman went to the reception to fup our check in. .only after that we were able to get a room.

Since there  were 4 of us (my wife +2 kids) whos going to occupy the room.. i asked the receptionist if i can request for a spare card key. (As i always do when i check in) . The one in red told me "one keycard per room policy only". Wow.. even 1 star hotels can give you spare card keys sometimes. I didnt say anything..just went to our room with only 1 card key. Few minutes later i went down to get additional stuff in our car and when i came back to our room.. theres no doorbell so i have to knock hard and wake up my wife and kids whos already resting.
I decided to come back to reception again and asked a different staff if they dont really give out extra keys. The staff(not the previous 3 receptionist) this time said " nag bibigay po depende sa availability. " i thought.. well there were only like 3 or 4 cars parked so malamang marami naman available cguro na card key.
She picked up a card and asked the other staff to program it. Finally additional key was handed over to me by a non smiling / frowning receptionist.
I cant believe these receptionist. They totally destroyed the friendly atmosphere that all other staff provided.
Here are their pictures.
These 3 receptionist should be given a full course on guest relation .

Would i recommend this hotel?
YES but only if you can check in without going through these untrained receptionists.

Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
6 Thank deta1976
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, March 5, 2017
Dear deta1976,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. We really appreciate this as it allows us to see what we are doing right and where we can improve. I'm glad you had a good stay except for the guest reception service you experienced. For this, I must apologize. Rest assured, we have taken your comments seriously and are investigating the matter closely. I hope this doesn't detract you from staying with us again in the future. I assure you I will do everything I can to make sure this does not happen to you or any of our guests again.

Natalie Ng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay did not disappoint- it's a great venue for team building and conferences.

The staff are alert and responsive to your needs. The facilities are in good working condition, the reception area and the rooms arr spacious. the breakfast spread above average, the food is delicious. highly recommended for both business and leisure gatherings.

Stayed February 2017, traveled on business
TagaytayKimberly, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, February 27, 2017
Dear milesgc,

Thank you for your feedback. I truly appreciate it. i'm very glad to see you enjoyed every aspect and look forward to having you return again in the future.

london
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

The rooms are ok, although the bathroom needs some maintenance ( tiles off and dated)
The staff was very helpful and polite unlike the management unfortunately.
It was very noisy at night so I couldn't sleep.
The hotel location is far from the centre if you don't have a car and being a woman on your own there is nothing to do.
I would not recommend this hotel.

Stayed December 2016, traveled solo
2 Thank qumbarra
Dear qumbarra,

I'm sorry you didn't like the management? Please let me know more about your experience by contacting me here on Tripadvisor or thru email at natalie.ng@hotelkimberly.com. It is extremely rare that we have solo travelers in our hotel. Were you part of a group event? For future reference, we do have complimentary shuttles that take our guests around popular Tagaytay stops. Otherwise our location (less than 3km from the ridge) usually makes for a more tranquil stay for guests while still being accessible to the rest of the city.

Regards,
San Juan
Reviewed February 22, 2017

Hotel Kimberly provides the best staycation for families with kids. You need not venture outside of the hotel grounds because of the complete set of activities they already have in place that families can enjoy. They hotel truly understands what family staycation is about. A++ for the great service and amenities.

While they can improve on the selection of food in their menu as well as ensure that all food served during breakfast is hot, our overall experience in Hotel Kimberly was great.

Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank armayo
Dear armayo,

Thank you very much for your review and the A++ rating! Wow, that is truly a compliment! Rest assured, we have brought your comment on food temperature to our Chef and this will be addressed.

We look forward to seeing you return again in the future.

Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed February 20, 2017

My last trip didnt go well with me overall.

First of all, the booking I made for a superior room, doesnt quite fit the picture shown in their website. Apparently, as the front desk would tell me, the picture in their website for the superior room is for another upgraded room which is more pricey that what I got. I demanded that it is false advertising to put a picture which is far different from what we should be getting. They offered for a room upgrade when we went back during the evening.

I appreciate the room upgrade they gave me though.

But in my observation, their rates being charged are not reasonable compared to the room you will get.

In my original room for superior, the room is too cramped. they use cheap materials in the room. Water they offer you is only coming from filtered water which is refilled only in a glass bottle. They use cheap china TV brand, with a very small size of 15" only. The doors of the CR isnt working well. You may even get trapped, just like what happened to my wife. The CR looks very old, and the smell of the room also smells old.

On my room upgrade, its the same, for a very big room which has 2 queen sized beds, they only use a very small TV screen of 28" TV which will give you a hard time watching movies. Toiletries seem incomplete. No cotton buds, comb. They only provide soap and shampoo,. Their complimentary sandals is too thin,. Its like being on bare feet. Hotel room isnt carpeted.

The CR on the other end also has problems. The door wont close well. You will get stuck in it, because the knob has a problem. Their Toilet bowl doesnt flush well. Should you have a lot of bowel being made, it might even overflow, because the flush is too low to go down the drain. Their bidet also is poor. They use poor material, and is too short.

Overall, for the same rate, I would recommend other hotel to go instead which is much upscale. It doesnt come cheap ( their price), and for the service, I expect better service, especially that it has trip advisor's traveller's choice award.

Room Tip: dont get their superior room. You will be disappointed. Too cramped.
  • Stayed February 2017, traveled with family
5 Thank jasonerwingo
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, February 22, 2017
Dear jasonerwingo,

It is with regret to see that you found your stay not up to your standards. Tripadvisor awards are selected based on reviewers' feedback and we have consistently been selected as a result of our focus on making our guests' experience truly happy here. I'm sorry you did not agree with the majority of them.

Superior rooms come either as Superior Twin Room or Superior Queen rooms on our website as do the other room categories. Even so, to avoid misleading potential guests like you, we have already fixed the pictures. This was a mistake I do apologize for and thank you for pointing it out. I trust you were satisfied with the complimentary upgrade to premier.

Hotel Kimberly would like to gradually increase its own contribution towards a greener environment and part of this initiative is to reduce plastic consumption through the provision of filtered water in glass bottles in the guest rooms. We are aware that not all guests would like this hence bottled plastic water is still available in our minibar.

Any amenities you may not have with you can be reached by calling our housekeeping and our Engineering team will immediately attend to all maintenance requirements. Upon seeing your review, we did a walk through your room to validate the claims and did not find anything out of order. I should also point out that we have no 15" or 28" in the entire hotel. All rooms have the same 32" flat screen TV.

If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me here.

We wish you the best in your future travels and hope you are able to find a hotel acceptable to your standards.

Regards,