1.Room: Nothing fancy but it is spacious and clean. Barhroom design is quite outdated but still acceptable and beds are comfortable. Room 401 balcony "view" is - the roof... Over all 4/5
2. Food: Great.. and price is not too expensive. Also love the fact that they serve most dishes with lots of fresh vegetables. Probably fresh from their farm.
Buffet breakfast is also good. Quite a number of choices from american to filipino breakfast( tocino, pancake, french toast, pork, etc) 4/5
3. Parking: We check-in on a sunday so there's lots of parking space..5/5
4. Pool : average size . Some creativity with additional water features would be great.3/5
5. "Mini zoo" and playground . Nice additional attration for kids. Would be better if animals were roaming freely. Would give the place a more nature feel.3/5
6. Staff: great friendly staff almost comparable service when we visited pearl farm. Very courteous and would greet you everytime you cross path..Life guard (Chito) is very friendly and thanked us for visiting the place, he goes extra mile to attend to your needs, he even gave us candle while dining near the pool to shoo away some hovering flies... Waitress (Aira) very accomodating and great service, very polite. Doorman, room boys and other staff always ready to greet you with a polite smile. I was surprised thay my 8 y/o son even wrote a note before we left for the great service. He does that everytime he enjoys our stay. 4/5
1. Reception counter staff : One of the most terrible reception staff i have ever encountered. If it was only one person id probably understand. But all 3 or 4 of them were total failure when it comes to guest service. We came from manila and was really tired of the travel , we arrived a little early (around 1pm) and took my chance to ask the reception desk if we can do an early check in.
One staff said theres no avalible room and check in is at 2pm. ( ok..we knew its 2pm. We just asked just in case room is already avail. It happens sometines with other hotels). Btw, she said this in a not so pleasant way. ( parang , gusto sabihin ang aga aga pa eh). We'll at least they could said in a nice way sana. Anyway, i knew check -in is 2pm so we just waited near the playground. I came back at 1:50pm thinking its only 10 minutes and my two kids already wanted to change clothes and take a nap. Still i was informed to wait at exactly 2pm . (They seemed annoyed that i came back still 10 minutes before 2.
So.. we waited....again..)
.It was already 2:20 pm and still we do not have a room , i was almost getting impatient ...but didnt want to spoil our short overnight vacation. I just went outside to get some fresh air.. On my way out i asked the doorman, "what time is your check-in? "...... "2pm sir, what room are you checked in? " he said. I told him "hangang ngayon wala pa ngang binibigay na room". And the doorman went to the reception to fup our check in. .only after that we were able to get a room.
Since there were 4 of us (my wife +2 kids) whos going to occupy the room.. i asked the receptionist if i can request for a spare card key. (As i always do when i check in) . The one in red told me "one keycard per room policy only". Wow.. even 1 star hotels can give you spare card keys sometimes. I didnt say anything..just went to our room with only 1 card key. Few minutes later i went down to get additional stuff in our car and when i came back to our room.. theres no doorbell so i have to knock hard and wake up my wife and kids whos already resting.
I decided to come back to reception again and asked a different staff if they dont really give out extra keys. The staff(not the previous 3 receptionist) this time said " nag bibigay po depende sa availability. " i thought.. well there were only like 3 or 4 cars parked so malamang marami naman available cguro na card key.
She picked up a card and asked the other staff to program it. Finally additional key was handed over to me by a non smiling / frowning receptionist.
I cant believe these receptionist. They totally destroyed the friendly atmosphere that all other staff provided.
Here are their pictures.
These 3 receptionist should be given a full course on guest relation .
Would i recommend this hotel?
YES but only if you can check in without going through these untrained receptionists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the cool breezes and relaxing ambiance of Tagaytay City. Get comfortable at Hotel Kimberly, where quality service and exemplary facilities meet. Nestled in the heartland of Tagaytay, this 4 star Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay is now open to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Kimberly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimberly Hotel Tagaytay