Hotel Kimberly
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$76
US$108
US$67
US$57
Agoda.com
View Park Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$74
Hotel Dominique(Tagaytay)
US$58
TravelBook.ph
All reviewsmovie nightmini zoofarm animalsanimal feedingfree popcornobstacle coursehorseback ridingair hockeykid friendly hotelbig playgroundmarshmallow roastingtable tennissmall farmplay groundkiddie poolrabbitfamily hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 20, 2017

My last trip didnt go well with me overall.

First of all, the booking I made for a superior room, doesnt quite fit the picture shown in their website. Apparently, as the front desk would tell me, the picture in their website for the superior room is for another upgraded room which is more pricey that what I got. I demanded that it is false advertising to put a picture which is far different from what we should be getting. They offered for a room upgrade when we went back during the evening.

I appreciate the room upgrade they gave me though.

But in my observation, their rates being charged are not reasonable compared to the room you will get.

In my original room for superior, the room is too cramped. they use cheap materials in the room. Water they offer you is only coming from filtered water which is refilled only in a glass bottle. They use cheap china TV brand, with a very small size of 15" only. The doors of the CR isnt working well. You may even get trapped, just like what happened to my wife. The CR looks very old, and the smell of the room also smells old.

On my room upgrade, its the same, for a very big room which has 2 queen sized beds, they only use a very small TV screen of 28" TV which will give you a hard time watching movies. Toiletries seem incomplete. No cotton buds, comb. They only provide soap and shampoo,. Their complimentary sandals is too thin,. Its like being on bare feet. Hotel room isnt carpeted.

The CR on the other end also has problems. The door wont close well. You will get stuck in it, because the knob has a problem. Their Toilet bowl doesnt flush well. Should you have a lot of bowel being made, it might even overflow, because the flush is too low to go down the drain. Their bidet also is poor. They use poor material, and is too short.

Overall, for the same rate, I would recommend other hotel to go instead which is much upscale. It doesnt come cheap ( their price), and for the service, I expect better service, especially that it has trip advisor's traveller's choice award.

Room Tip: dont get their superior room. You will be disappointed. Too cramped.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
5  Thank jasonerwingo
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Dear jasonerwingo,

It is with regret to see that you found your stay not up to your standards. Tripadvisor awards are selected based on reviewers' feedback and we have consistently been selected as a result of our focus on making our guests' experience truly happy here. I'm sorry you did not agree with the majority of them.

Superior rooms come either as Superior Twin Room or Superior Queen rooms on our website as do the other room categories. Even so, to avoid misleading potential guests like you, we have already fixed the pictures. This was a mistake I do apologize for and thank you for pointing it out. I trust you were satisfied with the complimentary upgrade to premier.

Hotel Kimberly would like to gradually increase its own contribution towards a greener environment and part of this initiative is to reduce plastic consumption through the provision of filtered water in glass bottles in the guest rooms. We are aware that not all guests would like this hence bottled plastic water is still available in our minibar.

Any amenities you may not have with you can be reached by calling our housekeeping and our Engineering team will immediately attend to all maintenance requirements. Upon seeing your review, we did a walk through your room to validate the claims and did not find anything out of order. I should also point out that we have no 15" or 28" in the entire hotel. All rooms have the same 32" flat screen TV.

If you have any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me here.

We wish you the best in your future travels and hope you are able to find a hotel acceptable to your standards.

Regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2017

I have stayed in this hotel for quite a number of times since 2012 and as always, our family had a great time. There was never a dull moment. You get to relax and unwind with your family it offers a wide array of activities that you and kids will enjoy. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. The kids love the game room, the outdoor playground, and the mini farm, most esp the rabbits (you get to feed them). There are a lot of free activities on weekends that other hotels do not offer. Breakfast is superb. Even without the view of the Taal Lake, its lush greenery and quiet location makes it one of the best reasons why we keep coming back year after year. Staying in this hotel will surely make you want to go back to Tagaytay again and again. Kudos to your staff and God Bless. Thank you for making our pre-Valentine celebration unforgettable.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Teresa F

Dear Teresa F,

Thank you so much for your lovely review - and for returning again and again since 2012. It truly is the highest form of compliment. It is our pleasure to serve you and we hope you create many more unforgettable memories at Kimberly!

Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

It was a nice stay. Haven't heard of the hotel until it was recommended by a friend. The room was big for the price we paid... The facility looked old though and seemed to have seen better days. Hope they renovate and upgrade and I wouldn't really mind paying a bit more

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2017

Dear Michael T,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay. It's good to know that you had a nice stay. The hotel is entering it's 9th year and we do take pride in constantly maintaining it and ensuring it remains comfortable for our guests. Please do get in touch with me (either here or at natalie.ng@hotelkimberly.com) to provide further feedback on the facility impressions.

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Excellent hotel, great and enjoy our stay. nice amenities, wifi, outdoor pool, farm animals, night movie watching, entertainment room. The room is Big enough for us with 2 kids, spacious bathroom with bath tub.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear acerbito,

Thank you for allowing us to be part of your daughter's birthday celebration! I'm glad you all enjoyed it and hope that in the future you have many more happy occasions and memories in Kimberly! We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed February 5, 2017 via mobile

Hotel Kimberly in Tagaytay is not really a very new hotel, but it is well maintained. The room size is okay and the air conditioning system is working properly. One downside of the room is
that the shower (which is in the tub) is leaking, making the floor of the toilet wet. Water temperature and pressure is okay. The breakfast has few selections which I think they can improve, but still it is sufficient to make you full. The hotel location is about 3-4 kms from the major attractions in Tagaytay, so having a car will be better. They have ample parking space. Also, the noise from the outside makes
is difficult for me to sleep in the afternoon.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Benedict U

Dear Benedict U,

Thank you very much for your review. I appreciate it and I'm glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed it. I have taken note of your concerns and will look into these. Were you able to avail of the complimentary shuttle for guests? This service will take you to all the major Tagaytay spots at no charge.

I hope you consider Hotel Kimberly again the next time you're in Tagaytay.