“Amazing people run this place.”

Be Kind to Animals The Moon
Ranked #18 of 175 Restaurants in Bagan
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I came in today for lunch, but they happenned to be closed for 10 days, for a religious festival. However, when they saw how disapointed I was when they told me the only other vegan place was also closed they invited me in anyway for a "set menu". The food was local, vegan, and out of this world. I had daal, curry, rice, fermented tea salad, spicy peanuts... they insisted to give me soft drinks as well... all that free of charge. At the end when I asked if I could make a donation, they refused. Such welcoming people give Burma a good name. I loved Bagan, and this restaurant experience was one of the highlights of my stay.
Thank you again for this meal.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,946)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The current ranking of this restaurant (#18 in Bagan) definitely doesn't do it justice. I'd easily rank it among the top two in the city after an excellent lunch there. Several options that will make even a non-vegetarian happy, including delicious juices. Great setting and very good service as well. Must try in Bagan.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had food here after reading the fantastic reviews. Its a definitely a great place for vegetarians. The food is very fresh and tasty. Of course, Yar Pyi opposite is more tasty and wins hands down, but this has more variety in food and definitely worth a visit

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went to The Moon twice. It’s got a lot of different curry options and also many vegetarian and vegan options that are usually hard to get in south east Asia like Kebap or tzatziki.
The juices are great too. Service is friendly and fast .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A vegetarian restaurant with amazing spices and incredibly beautiful. The best food i had in Bagan. The veg curry was great an so was everything else.