“AMAZING restaurant and service!!”

Yar Pyi Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 182 Restaurants in Bagan
Cuisines: Burmese
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

I seriously was in love with this cute little restaurant during my time in Bagan. Not only was the service by the owners fantastic, but the food was delicious and inexpensive! I even went back three times (which I never do)! I highly recommend this restaurant and look forward to the day I end up visiting again!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

We went twice to this family restaurant and each Time were quite satisfied by the both cheap and tasty meals ( tomato peanuts curry, eggplant curry).the service was excellent.

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

We had the guacamole, tomato salad and an amazing eggplant potato curry! It was exactly what we needed after hours in the hot sun exploring :) I live in Myanmar and I have had many tomato salads - this one was by far the best!!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

This is situated close to Ananda temple. It is family owned. The food is freshly prepared from scratch and it shows up in the freshness and taste.
Have never tasted such fantastic, simple and healthy food ever. The guacamole, pappadams are too good. So is the lassi.

If you are in Bagan, make sure to visit this. We had food at the opposite Moon restaurant, which is good. But Yar Pyi is even better than The Moon.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Found this hidden gem today in Old Bagan. The food is wonderful and like others are saying in the reviews the staff are so sweet and this makes the experience even better. Have been in Bagan for many months and this is one of my favourite restaurants. Vegetarian or not you'll enjoy the food and ambiance here. Have eaten at the Moon many times but this place is a much better service and better food. It's a shame Yar Pyi is not in Lonely Planet book - they should be! You must try the fresh juices, I had the mango and it was delicious. Like many others have said the guacamole is amazing, the best in Bagan and I've tried many places! The tomato peanut curry - mouthwatering, have it with the coconut rice! Excited to go back and try more things! Prices are very reasonable for the quality and quantity!