All reviews well equipped gym maintained grounds indian dishes amazing hotel checking in air conditioning moshi area large group recommend staying here rooms are nice relaxing place place to stay excellent stay two nights home away from home laundry service hot water
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay at the Ameg Lodge in Moshi,
staff was pleasant as well as professional. Restaurant had a good selection of choices of food and drink. They also organized a coffee plantation tour with Oscar Njau's Organic Coffee Plantation from the Chagga tribe.
Overall a great experience and would recommend to anyone coming to the Kilimanjaro area.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Rajen S, Owner at Ameg Lodge Kilimanjaro, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Gayle asante sana for the lovely review and for recommending us. It means a lot to know that you had a great experience with us. Stay well and we hope you choose to return to Ameg!

Reviewed 10 July 2018

The Ameg Lodge is the perfect spot for any Kilimanjaro or safari adventures! The staff and management are the best in the business. As someone who travels frequently, I've never experienced such quality hospitality. Raj and his staff repeatedly went the extra mile to ensure a great experience for our group. In addition to the top notch staff, the grounds are beautiful, the rooms are cozy, clean and comfortable, there is a very nice gym on-site and the food is delicious. And don't forget that they can plan safaris and other outings as well. We took advantage of this service to visit a local waterfall and coffee farm and the visit was seamless...and much cheaper than a quote I received from another company. Thank you to Raj and your staff for being so attentive to our group!!! I won't stay anywhere else when visiting Moshi!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Matt a sincere thank you from the entire team at Ameg for the fantastic review. Believe me, the pleasure was all ours … from the time we first started communicating on email a few months back, with your ever so prompt and concise replies, to hosting your group last week. I am very grateful to you for especially mentioning our staff – the majority of them come from humble and modest backgrounds, so it is very rewarding to know that they are trying hard and performing well. I look forward to your next visit. Thank you once again.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Friendly staff , great location and management always on hand to help. That personal service that makes you feel that you are a special guest. We were warmly welcomed theta had all our times and transfers arranged . They managed to make a work trip into an adventure and gave us an experience

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Penny thank you for choosing to stay with us at Ameg Lodge and for sharing your experience. It was lovely to meet you. We are really pleased to read about your memorable stay with us and are grateful for your kind words. Hope you are able to return for a holiday. Asante Sana!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

I didnt live at the hotel, but was there almost every day for the pool and gym for almost 8 weeks. Staff is super nice and polite, good food and drinks too! Sweetest owner Raj, that makes sure you have a good time there. Pool and facilities were very nice, and would definatly recommend staying here.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Rajen S, Owner at Ameg Lodge Kilimanjaro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Annette it was always such a pleasure to meet you and your friends at the poolside. Thank you very much for your kind words for our staff and facilities. Stay well and I hope we see you again soon. :-)

Reviewed 19 June 2018

It is my pleasure to write a review for AMEG to let future guests know just how wonderful Rajen and his team are.

I can confirm what the Lonely Planet guidebook and many other reviews have already said about the grounds being immaculate and beautiful, the rooms being spacious and comfortable with a/c, and the food and drinks being delicious... but I want to focus on the customer service side of my experience.

I arrived after about a week on safari through Kenya and Tanzania to this beautiful destination where I finally had a few days to relax. I was actually in a bit of pinch as I had to end the safari and fly home to Canada a few days early. Raj did everything he could to help me arrange that travel, including lending a phone to contact the airline. I can't thank him enough for that because when you are a first time solo traveler in a foreign country, your plans change, and somebody goes out of their way to help you, it means everything.

I also managed to squeeze in a day hike on Kilimanjaro with experienced and friendly local guides which was all arranged through the hotel, and this seemed to be just the tip of the iceberg in terms of tourism services AMEG offers. In hindsight, I wish my trip to Africa has started in Moshi rather than ended there so I could have arranged my safari through AMEG.

If I ever have friends traveling to East Africa I will definitely recommend they get in touch with AMEG and let them be their go-to professional, licensed, and experienced hotel and tourism provider.

Raj, thank you again to you and your incredible team. The care and effort everyone puts in there is very apparent and it is what makes AMEG so special.

Room tip: There are no bad rooms.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Danika I am lost for words to express my gratitude for such a generous review. You have taken the effort to touch on the many aspects that we hope makes Ameg the preferred choice for accommodation in Moshi. The entire team at Ameg are grateful for your appreciation, and we hope that you have many wonderful memories of Tanzania to cherish. Stay well and karibu tena!