All reviewsmount kilimanjarobring warm clothestree linecoffee productionblack and white colobus monkeystravel agentrooms are basicdar es salaamtour operatorlennywaterfallelectricityhikeafricacloudsschoolbase
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Having read some of the reviews I think they have been a little harsh. This is hostel accommodation which clearly some people are not used to. If you are looking for a 4-5 star hotel 2000 metres up Killi then this isn’t it but if you are looking for a rural African experience with amazing views then this is the place for you. The rooms are basic and clean. The beds are comfy and the bathrooms are basic with hot water at certain times of day.
Lenny and her staff provide a lovely service. They will do anything to make your stay nice and if there is a problem just tell them and they will try to sort it. The food was good, home cooked and wholesome, some of the most authentic food I have had in Africa.
The walk was hard but good and spending time in the village was interesting.
Great WiFi in the dining area and on the patio. There is a whirlpool and a small pool but we didn’t use them.
We had issues getting up as our tour operator sent us in the wrong car, but Lenny came and met us in Moshi and helped us manage it in the dark for no extra charge.

Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Pros: great views, tranquility, friendly staff. Good wifi from main lodge.
Cons: difficult 7km/30+mn road from tarmac road, poor signage, very basic rooms and meals.
Ideal for a stopover but not a long stay.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 2 November 2017

The lodge is in an amazing location but most importantly it is the serenity, the all embracing natural rain forest and an unbelievable view of the mountain that makes this a unique place to visit. An experience that is not matched anywhere on the slopes of Kilimanjaro. The staff were welcoming, informative and friendly. Local food prepared as requested was a highlight. Definitely deserves a return trip.

Room Tip: Choose a chalet facing the mountain. You are assured of stunning views in the early morning and late evening
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed 27 October 2017

We made our own way to Kilimanjaro view lodge. (could have got a daladala to Shimbwe and then a motorbike up the hill, but we took a taxi, rather than pay for the pick up) Either way if you are in Moshi you must go. The views are stunning, up and down the Mountain. It lies on the tree line which marks the national park, so youre as close as you can be. The clouds clear morning and evening and while you wait, you can walk in the local area, or have a Kilimajaro on the terrace. We were disappointed that the huge jacuzzi was under refurb but the wifi was incredible. The rooms are lovely-basic clean with small private veranda, and loads of hot water. We loved it.

Room Tip: stayed in the last hut had view of mountain from my bed in the morning
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

It was such an unpleasant night at this Lodge mostly because the bed was so very damp and the linen smelt so awful that I had to lay my clothes over and try to sleep on top and use the rest of my clothes as blankets. There was no wifi and electricity didn't work for a time. I couldn't even get a decent cup of coffee, can you believe it amongst all those coffee groves and they gave me instant coffee, and not even decent instant coffee.
With the clouds coming over I only got to see Mt Kili for a few seconds but once down in Moshi I got some magnificent views. On reflection I should have realised that Mt Kilimanjaro can be seen from all around as it is a freestanding mountain.
This Lodge states on their website, and I quote "a few words of CAUTION: This is NOT a luxurious Lodge; ...." how I wish I had read more into this as this is by far the most horrible and uncomfortable place I have stayed at.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family