The Old Bridge Backpackers
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Maun
See available hotels
View Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Mankwe Bush Lodge(Okavango Delta)
View Hotel
  • Pool
All reviewsmokoro tripokavango deltagreat atmosphererest campveggie burgeroutdoor bathroommobile safaribar and restaurantcommunal kitchencool placeriver viewshared taxiensuite tentdouble bedtented accommodationmoremi reservecamping area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

This is just one of my favorite places to go to. A walk away from my house. A blessing for sure.
Besides the lovely river view, the beautiful sunsets, look the food is great, nice juicy hamburgers, Botswana beef is top notch;)
Local beers and all the good stuff.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night at one of the riverfront ensuite bungalows. The room was wonderful, and sitting on the small verandah overlooking the river as the sun set was deliciously relaxing. It was a great opportunity to clean up after driving through Okavango Delta. The food at the bar was delicious.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2018

This is a very nice backpackers. The visitors range from young to old. In the weekends the bar becomes packed, also with locals coming here for nice food and drinks. The place is quite small which adds a lot to the atmosphere. The campsites are not really spacious, but fine, and the facilities are great (great showers!!). The pool is very very small and doesn't invite to swim in, which is a shame. The staff is good, but not extremely helpful or friendly. The backpackers organises trips but they don't really advertise them or help you figure out which trips to go on. However, we preferred this place over the also populair audi camp!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2018

A big group of us came here to attend all the NYE events in the area. This place is so worth it! The food is the bomb. I ate a vegan lentil and beetroot burger - to die for!!! I also had pork ribs that fell off the bone, pizza - thin crust yummy, and a beef burger that was so juicy it got on my shirt... We camped in the camping area. There were clean showers, bathrooms, and areas to hang out all day. There is a stocked bar and the music was always bumpin. The wait staff was great to us. I read the other reviews and we had a different experience. I absolutely loved it here for and will definitely come back.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 24, 2017 via mobile

In 2016 my partner and I camped hear on our way back from the Victoria falls carnival and we had a great time, even though we had to camp across the river the service was great. Last night 23/12/17 we arrived in Maun and decided to try it out again and possibly stay there two nights cause on booking.com they said it was full. My first disappointment was the road, it's terrible and has big disholes not potholes so if you have a small car you can't go there, luckily I have a 4x2 and made it. We ordered pizza and asked for the wifi which the barmen refused to give me. I had to tell him that I had been hear before and got it without staying there and he said I should go on the notice board and find it. I went straight to the office and asked the lady at the reception and she managed to give it to me. I also asked if they had availability on the 24& 25 December and she said her computer needed to be restarted and she would notify me at the bar, which she never did. I saw her wear her jacket pack her bag and leave with out informing me.
We later finished our meal and asked if my partner if we could have a dom Pedro or milkshake and the barman said the kitchen was closed so he couldn't make any of theses drinks! To be honest I think the barmen is arrogant and thinks he owns the place, I had invited some friends to come and join us but we decided to go somewhere else. Also wanted to book a game drive but we got a better deal somewhere where they have friendly staff. Please sort out your staff issues or do more training on customer service.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family