“Good Seafood Restaurant”

Ngan ha
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Quan Lan
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 6 January 2016

I was GRANDPAcking in Quan Lan for a few days and stayed at the Ngan Ha Hotel.
The rooms were clean, well kept and good value.
There are few eating options around the island and in Quan Lan Town itself, so I ate mostly at my Ngan Ha Hotel.
The menu has no prices - but don't be put off.
Yes, you can ask the price of everything each time you go there but I decided to trust them.
Their prices are reasonable and they are very honest.
One of the few times in S.E.Asia where trusting someone hasn't ended up in disappointment.

Reviewed 24 March 2015 via mobile

I didn't stay this hotel but instead visit here for dinner twice. Every dish was nice especially vegi spring roll and tofu with tomato sauce. The price was not on the list but cheap enough with the quality.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

This is a great spot to eat a wonderful meal and watch the happenings of village life.
food is fantastic - a very good range of options for vegetarian and carnivores. Fish in sauce was great, as were vegetarian dishes and spring rolls delicious!!
Highly recommend Ngan Ha as the place to eat on the Island, which is hosted by the gentle and accommodating Duc. Very helpful even with our non-existent Vietnamese and his limited English. With it's prime corner location, lovely atmosphere, you feel part of slow island life and community.

Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Ngan Ha isn't only a place to eat it is a guesthouse. I can't comment on the rooms as we had already booked into a hotel just up the road however if I return I would recommend Ngan Ha Hotel.

We stayed on the island for 2.5 days and chose to eat at Ngan Ha for all meals. The hotel is in the centre of town so easily accessible close to a number of B&Bs and local shops.

The hospitality and food of Ngan Ha was fantastic.

The menu isn't huge but there is something for every one, even the fussiest of eaters like me.

Whilst the owner Duc doesn't speak much english you can communicate with him easily with gestures and I fell in love with his kind, charming and warm nature.

We were told that food on the island was more expensive but the prices here are so good with a meal for three coming to barely 250,000 and that is including a number of beers and cola.

The portions are large and Duc even treated us to some fruit for dessert.

One dish that is worth a specific mention is the fish in sauce and vegetable spring rolls. we would say that it was quite possibly the best meal we've had.

Everything was sourced fresh with Duc popping out to get fresh bread and fish.

We also hired bikes from Duc at 60,000 a day and they were good mountain bikes.

We hired moto bikes also and loved the fact that it was a community thing with my bike being the next door neighbours.

Visiting Duc at Nghan Ha Hotel is a must when visiting Quran Plan Island.

Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

The hospitality and food of Ngan Ha was fantastic.

The portions are large and Duc even treated us to some fruit for dessert.

Everything was sourced fresh with Duc popping out to get fresh bread and fish.

We also hired bikes from Duc at 60,000 a day and they were good mountain bikes.

Visiting Duc at Nghan Ha Hotel is a must when visiting Quran Plan Island.

1  Thank Jamie-Lee29