Gazelle International Hotel(East New Britain)
US$205
US$183
US$134
US$137
US$80
Liamo Reef Resort(Kimbe)(Great Value!)
US$151
All reviewsbeach bungalowplace to staybeautiful locationself containedwar cemeteryday triponly down sidelobsterwashing machinesurrounding islandsnew britainswimming with the dolphinsair conditioneddive centreport moresbysunday bbqbeach front
Reviewed 29 July 2015

We recently spend eight days at the Kokopo Beach Bungalows. The rooms are comfortable, restaurant food is great, staff are friendly and the newly built health spa is a bonus. A great place to have a relaxing holiday or enjoy the benefits of touring nearby. Unfortunately WiFi is only available in reception or restaurant.

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 22 July 2015

This resort is amazing, the staff are all so friendly and kind, the food tastes so good and the rooms are kept super clean. Any enquiries and the staff are happy to help.

I recommend going on a few tours and visiting local islands. There is a gift shop at the resort but you can also buy hand crafted gifts from the local markets.

I stayed for two weeks and enjoyed every minute of it. Room service is available as well as many other amenities.

I recommend Kokopo Beach Bungalow Resort for Couples, Families, Friends, Business Trips or Solo vacations. It is also a beautiful location for a wedding or Honeymoon.

Room Tip: All rooms are easy walking distance to the beach
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2015

Lovely hotel. rooms are very traditional yet well appointed and comfortable. Bathrooms are a bit dated, but functional and clean etc. Check-in/Check-out is a bit slow so allow some time. Restaurant is great and the lobster is just fantastic. Nice bar and the lounge areas and pool area are very nice. The large deck over the beach is lovely and the location is perfect. Very quiet and a great place to stay. Handy to town and lovely, friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2015

This was my first trip to PNG and it was with some trepidation that I attended a conference at Kokopo Beach Bungalow resort. To quote one of the other guys at the conference "the only danger that might occur could be a possible case of RSI in your arm from waving back at the locals who are so friendly". While there is a perception that PNG is dangerous, there are plenty of other places where walking around a strange city, especially at night isn't the wisest thing to do.

The people we met in East New Britain were unfailingly nice, and Kokopo just showcases the place perfectly, I found the premises and my room spotlessly clean, and the meals tasty, and the beers cold. The staff couldn't have made out conference more welcome, from the VIP welcome off the plane, right through to the cultural groups who entertained us.

The scenery is spectacular. The hotel organised two tours, and I was part of three mini bus groups that went out. Key sites included the war cemetery, which bought quiet reflection and many teary eyes as we walked through the beautifully kept grounds and read of the ages of those who died, from as young as 17. We also visited Yamamoto's Bunker and the tunnels dug by POW's to shelter Japanese barges which are still there, and the old Rabaul Airfield, buried under 8 metres of scoria after the volcanic eruption which literally covered the town - this was probably one of the most interesting tours I have ever been on.

Even after the first day there we had conference delegates saying they would come back with their families for a holiday - and these are guys who live in places we would go to holiday ourselves!! We'll definitively be back.

In conclusion, to Fiona the Manageress and her staff, thank you so much for one of the best short breaks I've had for ages.

Room Tip: I couldn't complain about Room 49 which I was in, with a verandah over the pool and only a short walk to reception and the restaurant.
  • Stayed: July 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2015

Staying at the Kokopo Beach Bungalows was a pleasant experience and my expectations were exceeded time after time......Having travelled extensively throughout the Pacific I consider this resort to be up there with the best of them.
The genuine friendliness of the staff during our 4 day stay was exceptional.

Room Tip: our suite was roomy,comfortable and had a ocean view for those sundowner moments
  • Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple