Review Highlights
Touchy feelie fisny encounter

Day out to LYME and we wandered along the strand and out to the mini aquarium. One of the owners... read more

Reviewed 13 November 2018
garysU5371ZU
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Very interesting visit to Lyme Regis Aquarium

We visited the Aquarium today and really enjoyed it. Although it's a small aquarium there's... read more

Reviewed 3 November 2018
tandm2015
Cardiff, United Kingdom

1,171 results
All reviews star fish mullet lobster hand feeding the owner sea life unique experience feed the fish fish food huge crab hold starfish local fish well worth a visit local waters small place their hands bass
Reviewed 3 April 2018

This is a very small, local attraction but it is quite interactive and run by some wonderfully friendly people. Small children will really like it as they can touch some of the marine life. There is some interesting information for adults and it's very cheap to get into so well worth a visit if you are walking down the Cobb.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Today we went to the Aquarium and it was a fantastic experience we got to touch a shoal of large lipped mullet amazing ! And saw a variety of amazing crabs, lobster, and other sea creatures . Max the owner was fabulous and gave us an up close experience with the large crabs and lobster and star fish which was an amazing photo opportunity for my daughter.....Fantastic.

Date of experience: April 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The aquarium is very friendly and interactive. My daughter loves being able to put her hand in the water for the fish to 'kiss' and she enjoyed holding the starfish. Its great that the crabs and lobsters are all put back in the sea too. When we are in Lyme we always visit!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

A fantastic little aquarium, where you can get up close to different marine creatures found in British waters. Feeding the tank of grey mullet was the absolute highlight for my three children. My 11 year old declared it one of the best things he had ever done! They also got to hold starfish of varying sizes. We spent a good half an hour to forty minutes there, enjoying looking at other creatures and learning about them. We've been to the big aquariums in various places but I can honestly say the children came away far more delighted and exhilarated from this lovely little aquarium than anywhere else they have been, a visit they will always remember and somewhere where they will ask to go back to. I don't agree with others who say its massively overpriced. It was worth every penny to see my children enjoying themselves so much. This a small, family run business, which will be incredibly seasonal and if the prices weren't as they were, I shouldn't think they would be able to stay in business.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I visit every time I’m in the area, the exhibits change depending on what’s been caught locally. It’s the only place I’ve ever seen a sea mouse! The staff are enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly. Feeding the mullet is fun.
It is only small but we spent at least 45 minutes watching the animals, reading the info and talking.
Will definitely be going back