“Wonderful - we were not disappointed”

The Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 92 Restaurants in Padstow
Price range: US$0 - US$99
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opened by Rick Stein and Jill Stein in 1975, The Seafood Restaurant in Padstow is famous for establishing an international reputation for the very freshest fish and shellfish, often landed on our doorstep. Head chef, Stephane Delourme and his team create simple seafood dishes with classic flavours using Rick's recipes. We have a seafood bar right in the middle of the restaurant where you can watch chefs assembling platters of oysters, langoustines and sashimi. No reservations are required for the bar and you can order anything from the a la carte menu.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This was a real treat. We came here for a family lunch, and we all loved it.

The service is brilliant, attentive, helpful and friendly but not over bearing. Just right.

The menu is fantastic, with so much choice and it was all wonderful.

My daughters are 12 and 14, and they also loved it, and it is a great experience. The mackerel we had to start was so fresh and cooked perfectly, and also the scallops my daughter had.

Two of our party then had the rack of lamb, which was pink and tasty and perfect. I had the indian seabags cooked in banana leaves and it was brilliant.

And then the puddings! These were also amazing and the petit fours with coffee are not to be missed. I especially loved the treacle tart one and the kahula chocolate one!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,926)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We called in last week for lunch to celebrate our daughters 40th birthday. I dropped a bit of a clanger by forgetting to order the oysters before the main meal starter, but when I realised, no problem at all Sir. We did wait a little while for the oysters, but they were soooo very good. We complimented our waiter and lo and behold, another 6 oysters appeared on the house.
I cannot remember what the others ordered but my fish and shellfish bisque was superb as was the wing of ray. Suffice to say that everyone thought that they had ordered the best meal, and my son in law thought it the best fish meal he had ever had.
I can also highly recommend the house premium white burgundy. Superb!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This place was wonderful, the service was second to none. Starters and mains where fantastic as you would expect in a place like this and the house wine fabulous (Sauvignon Touraine 2016) The Turbot was amazing the Fish and Chips a delight to taste everything tasted so fresh. I would recommend this place. The price was a superb surprise under £130.00 for two courses and a bottle of wine.

Regards

1  Thank UnbiasedViews
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We last visited, and reviewed, the Seafood Restaurant in 2014 and it remains a superb experience. We had dinner her on both evenings during our visit to Padstow over Easter. The restaurant is immaculately presented, and the staff are better than we have seen anywhere - really professional, very friendly and knowledgeable. Indeed, it is the staff that marks this out as an exceptional restaurant, and the service culture is outstanding - staff seem to work very well together and be respectful and supportive of each other and this was great to see. The food and wines are, of course, excellent, and we would not fault any part of our experience, thank you. We stayed at the rooms above the Seafood Restaurant (also excellent) which we have reviewed separately.

1  Thank HalfwayCottage
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We visited here on the last day of our family holiday. Staff were very attentive and helpful towards my nan who came in her wheelchair.

A nice guy called Paul took our coats and was friendly.

We were asked to peruse the menu whilst our drinks order was taken before quickly being shown to our table.

Our server was Michelle and she was very polite and friendly. She took all of our orders quickly and was very attentive.

Myself and my uncle are vegan and I was very pleased to see the restaurant has a separate vegan menu to supplement the other menus.

I had the heritage tomatoes to start which were delicious. I had the mushroom linguine for my main, all washed down with Pinot Grigio. My thick cut chips were late to the table but Michelle removed them from the bill for us by way of an apology which was cool.

Thanks!