“SUPER RESTAURANT! ”
Review of Chez Damien

Chez Damien
Ranked #279 of 665 Restaurants in Adeje
Price range: US$16 - US$63
Description: Since the year 2000, The French Chef, Damien, thanks to his passion and his way of understand and elaborate cuisine, he surprised his customers for years with his culinary experience inspired by French cuisine. And that, always with much respect for the base products. A new place where you will enjoy French gastronomy in a relaxed and elegant atmosphere that will make your evening a unique and incomparable experience together with our live music entertainment. We will propose different choices from À la carte and Degustation Menu with a selection of his most delicious dishes and daily suggestions apart of the menu and depending on the market and the season. Always with our fresh and elaborated products. All this, accompanied by a wide selection of national and international wines from our cellar, to achieve an exceptional culinary fusion.
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is super. You will eat very well. It is similar as a restaurant with Michelin stars! This restaurant is really to be recommended.
We will comeback.

1  Thank Mario F

Reviewed 14 April 2016

The service was exceptional - the welcoming waiters and waitresses were friendly and happy and the service was on time - superb . The taster was with a twist and I liked that a lot because the tuna pate was wrapped in Samon . It had a twist because of the orignality and not many restaurants do that . We all had 10/10 meals. My brother and I had a freshly cooked chicken breast in beautiful mushroom sauce with a pommes dauphinois. My dad had succulent lamb and my mum had an excellent pork dish. My brother's mushroom sauce was rated highly in fact 10/10 it was sweet but piquant. The mushroom sauce had an earthy feeling to it . NOW MY FAVOURITE COURSE...THE DESSERT!! For my desert I had profiteroles and my brother had the iles flotant (translation:meringue in a ocean of custard) ... I had a meringue which was soft and creamy and was in a very sweet tidal wave of orange,caramel,vanilla custard.My profiteroles were a layer of pastry with wiped cream and a mountain of chocolate with caramel chips . My Mum and Dad had a chocolat fondant - it was like a chocolate soufflé with a gooey inside .So how do I sum this up ?! Magnifique! Ellen age 9 and a half

Reviewed 13 April 2016

We happened to be staying at the other end of Calle Sauce in Madronal when this restaurant opened last year. Since then, it has become well established and very popular with Damien's regular customers from his previous venture and many new customers who find it worth the short trip inland from the tourist areas.

The food is fresh, very well cooked and presented and service is excellent. A sizeable "specials" board every day means that the selection is never boring.

The restaurant is small enough to be intimate but not in any way cramped and the nice ambience makes up for the lack of a view.

We ate here three times during our last visit and without doubt will do so again.

2  Thank KayanKay
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

Combining French cousine with Spanish size dishes leaves little to want for. Fabulous food and friendly staff. Our family of five was really well taken care of. A little outside the beach area but with convenient parking really worth a visit.

1  Thank Mika H
Reviewed 17 February 2016

Best meal I've had in Tenerife, and exceptionally good value for the quality of food.

My wife and I had a 3 course dinner and shared a bottle of wine for €87 (plus tip), which was the same price as a very average meal at la Farola on the beach.

Yes, the location is a bit further out than most, and doesn't have romantic views of the bay or mountains, but the interior is dressed well, the staff gave exceptional service, and the food was the best I can remember having had in the UK or anywhere at this price. Best meal of the last few years anywhere. Exceptional quality of meat too!

Perfect for a romantic meal or group of friends. Yes, it could be difficult to find on your own without satnav, but do yourself a favour and hop in a taxi. You won't be disappointed.

Would have just left the review there, but wanted to mention some of the food itself. You know you're onto a good thing when the bread roll you start the meal with is the best you can remember tasting!

Starters:
Prawn ravioli in saffron sauce - I don't even like saffron, but felt strangely drawn to it. So glad I did. This is the first dish with saffron I've ever loved. Beautiful texture to the prawns, perfect ravioli, finely balanced creamy saffron sauce and mellow pink peppercorns all come together beautifully. Spectacular!
House terrine with onion jam - beautiful coarse terrine, also well balanced by onion jam with just the right amount of tartness/sweetness. Great quality meat, perfectly seasoned. So many restaurants do this wrong, but it's done perfectly here.

Main courses:
Rack of lamb in truffle sauce - again, exceptional quality of meat, cooked beautifully, and with a perfectly balanced sauce. Vegetable accompaniments also brilliant - potato dauphinoise, asparagus/pea? puree, green beans, beautifully grilled tomato.
Chicken supreme in wild mushroom sauce - also amazing. The chicken just on its own without any sauce had a wonderful flavour and texture. Great quality, cooked well, and at a great price.

Desserts
Creme brulee - my wife had this and loved it. Not much to say except that it was great quality/taste.
Chocolate fondant - an orgasm on a plate. Having already been blown away by the first two courses, I felt like I was having an out of body experience halfway through this. Beautiful, high quality chocolate flavours, cooked perfectly with great sauce, bit of cream and a scoop of lovely chocolate icecream to accompany it. I don't think I've ever tasted a dessert this good that only cost €5!

Expected the bill to be over €100 but it came in at €87 with a bottle of wine. Amazing.

Will definitely make it a fixture of every trip to Tenerife from now on!