Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Sierra cycling

I've been a few times now and it just gets better...Alan and the team really do go the extra mile... read more

Reviewed 11 March 2020
Navigator607772
via mobile
Great cycling, great guides

Visited 20 years ago, this time cycling much more technical and challenging thoroughly enjoyable... read more

Reviewed 6 December 2019
H9457NJanthonyl

All reviews white villages great week amazing trails skill level great position excellent breakfast great cycling knowledgeable guides day trip whole week memorable trip southern spain alan bike terrain technical hiking
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 March 2018

Sierra Cycling knows all the amazing trails in the area. Want steep, loose technical? Check. Want sweepy flowy fun? Check. Do you want to experience all of this safely, with uplifts and friendly guides who know their stuff? Check. Do you want to improve your riding with some focused tuition? Check. Then Sierra Cycling is for you.
I have used Sierra cycling annually for a number years, in larger groups, solo and with friends. Each time I come home having learned something new and pushing my limits, sometimes further than I thought possible.
A definite must-see for mountain bike enthusiasts, highly recommended!

Date of experience: March 2018
AlanBid, General Manager at Sierra MTB, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Allan, Thanks for your kind words.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

just returned from an amazing few days with this company. Nothing was too much trouble, they were brilliant. A special thanks to the guides...Simon,Jon,James and Clive. You were all exceptional with your guiding advice and understanding of everyones needs and abilities. Very patient and totally reassuring, i've come home feeling i can tackle anything now. The accommodation was great and breakfast was lovely. You all clearly love what you do and it shows. Well done, a fantastic company! I will recommend and hopefully be back.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Great weekend mountain biking with Allan's team, our second visit, in some stunning scenery in the hills above Mijas Malaga and El Chorro. Simon & James are excellent guides and provided feedback on our riding. Other riders fed the adrenalin and pushed us to or limits on some spectacular trails. Boys will be boys Even in our 50's. Don't be put off though, they do provide more sedate rides for beginners and intermediate. Also Included, breakfast your gran woul be proud of, airport transfers, help yourself soft drinks & beer. Accommodation is basic but spotless and comfy. Return visit is a must.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Spent 5 days with Sierra Cycling just after Christmas 2017 and into New Year 2018 - 3 days mountain biking and 2 travelling and relaxing. Accommodation, food, guiding and bikes were all excellent. We were the only ones staying and all staff went out of their way to make sure we had a good time and were well looked after. The trails were varied and chosen based on our ability - there were some good challenges thrown in to keep us on our toes! Alan clearly loves what he does and this comes through very clearly in the business. Thanks guys! Hope to see you again.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 7 January 2018

Had a brilliant time in Spain, seven days over Christmas with Allan, his son Alexis and the guide Josh. Great scenery forests and mountains, sparkling white villages up to 1000m above sea level, but only a van drive from Fuengerola . The routes were varied and chosen according to my ability. When I was there I was fortunate to have a guide to myself (I am not confident at techie stuff). I road mainly fire roads along the hillsides, but also single track through the hills and forests The instruction I received was first class: Allen, Alexis and Josh are a real set of very friendly, genuine people who were very accommodating and supportive. Most days we were taken up into the hills by van and then made our way back to the apartment following beautiful circuits. Allan and his crew were very sociable, each day they chose some ace Spanish coffee shops to stop off at. I felt really well looked after, picked up and delivered back to the airport, cooked breakfast at nine o'clock, free drinks and snacks all in a clean, simple, but very comfortable apartment, next to the sea and the striking Sohail Castle of Fuengerola. A top company employing top people, suitable as well for all abilities and inclinations !

Date of experience: December 2017