“Hidden treasure”
Review of Hoky Poky

Hoky Poky
Ranked #10 of 47 Restaurants in Newbridge
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Our second or third visit here in the past year and this place never disappoints and just gets better and better.
This place is a truly amazing cafe, almost like a canteen with the blackboard specials and display of dishes available to queue and order then pay and take a table and wait for the food to be served.
Fantastic selection of salads, hot dishes, carrot cakes and sweets on offer and we’ve never had a bad meal yet, everything we ever tried has been great.
Can’t recommend this place enough and it’s really worth the effort trying to find it.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 14 August 2018

A great place tucked away in the Charlotte Mall - Anyone not from Newbridge would probably walk past it but it is worth checking out.. Nice place to go for a quiet coffee with someone or a full irish breakfast. They have an excellent selection of fresh lunches and cakes also.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We just returned after a long trip and took a walk up town. The place never changes. Great wholesome food, lovely staff and very accommodating for children.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 16 June 2018

great cafe offering lovely fresh salads & homemade desserts, Good coffee and plenty of friendly satff

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We had an hour to kill before picking our daughter up from school and decided to treat ourselves to lunch, my wife suggested Hokey Pokey’s? My first reaction, have to be honest was No, too old school cafe for me, (don’t know why, just my first thoughts) anyway as my wife rules the roost in we went for lunch.. to say that I had the nicest lunch I’ve had for too long is an understatement, the chilli chicken(daily special) served up with real creamy homemade coleslaw and pesto penne with basil leaves was absolutely gorgeous, and she had a baked potato with a lovely pomegranate salad and the same coleslaw, thank god I listen to my wife..(every now and then). See you again soon.

Date of visit: April 2018