“The place I love going back to :) ”

Fujiyama Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 47 Restaurants in Newbridge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I visited the restaurant a few times between September and now, and must say I absolutely love it. Initially a bit reluctant (didn’t think I might like sushi), I discovered a whole range of food that is NOT sushi, and even tried the said sushi for the first time in my life. What can I say. The portions are huge. The food is very tasty, freshly cooked (so I don’t mind waiting a bit) and of very good quality. Price wise the place is not a cheap one, but I don’t mind paying a bit more for quality food. The staff are very friendly and helpful, they told me exactly what each thing on the menu was and helped me choose. Always smiling, always polite, they make your dining experience even nicer. I’m looking forward to going there again and would recommend the place to anyone.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great staff, great food and lovely restaurant, very helpful when I wanted information about various dishes, as a vegan I had a few great options to choose from, will definitely be going back.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

Well were in a few months back and it was pretty good, so decided to bring wifey in this time, she's not a fan of sushi or raw fish in general but managed to drag her along, there is loads on menu for raw fish haters by the way.
Staff friendly, girls just enough English but young manager is good and fun.
Ordered a selection of different dishes, hot and cold, all very tasty and fresh, excellent sushi roll, a bit surprising to have mayo on top but it works, portions pretty good, you won't be starving leaving, duck roll tasty, chicken ramen not boring like many after a few bites, tempura nice and light, is it pricey? not for the quality, never bothered to pay a couple of euros more for quality if it is justified, cheap never meant good !
They need to improve the desserts, nothing much interesting or Japanese there. Very nice room, little sponge seats not the most confortable if you stay too long, sake prices are a bit steep but overall drinks are ok. I'll be back for more!

Reviewed 27 October 2018 via mobile

Food was amazing, and the portion was huge, server from Malaysia (I didnt get the name)was very kind and helpful, keep it up, we will definitely be back

Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff as expected after reading alot of review in facebook. The food was gorgeous with presentation to match. The price is reasonable as well. Nothing to complain!