Maynooth Campus Conference & Accommodation
US$314
US$239
Glenroyal Hotel & Leisure Club(Maynooth)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$302
Hotels.com
US$139
TripAdvisor
All reviewsconference centereldest daughterkey cardthree roomsplace to staysingle roomone nightcomfortable roomtop floorminute walknext morningseminarystudypriestensuitetvgrounds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 4, 2017

A stunning location ... you are in the old seminary, St Patrick's College .... absolutely glorious grounds and surroundings.

The signpost in town points North, and you want South campus. Actually, I think it blows around in the wind ... been tricked by it before, and when I went back to check, it was pointing in the right direction ....what can I say ... it's Ireland !!!

Ignore the signs .... head for the castle ...... gates are right in front of you ! If no-one at the gatehouse, head almost directly in front of you, two entrances - you want the one on the left - reception is in there to the left. Parking is available to guests, ask at reception !

My room was super warm, and the lift has always worked when I've been there !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the courtyard/s
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Front D, Manager at Maynooth Campus Conference & Accommodation, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2018

Thank you for your review and for your comment regarding the signage. It is something we do keep an eye on as we would not want to inconvenience our guests when trying to locate our office. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope we may welcome you again on the campus in the future.

Reviewed October 18, 2017

It is in an older building. Upon arrival at the reception gate they give a map of the grounds and verbal directions on how to find the room. It involves a long walk in poorly lit paths and then some further search inside the building. The lift/elevator was not working and there were 4 flights of old wooden stairs to negotiate with the suitcases. Upon finally finding the room, thirsty after the ordeal, there was no drinking water! I returned to the reception and asked them to place a bottle of drinking water, for which I am willing to pay if necessary, in the room. The response was a cold "We do not provide this service, the tap water is drinkable." Drinking tap water in many/most countries is not advised especially not at building with old water pipes. It turned out that they also do not serve breakfast. The elevator was fixed a couple of days later but in less than a day broke down again -- hope that no one was trapped inside. The bed was fine but the "furniture" was very basic. In short this is not a pleasant place to stay.

Room Tip: If you must stay there check ahead of time on what is not functioning
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2017

Three of us were searching around the campus on a rainy for our rooms. Took half an hour to find a reception (very pleasant person) then took a further 20 minutes to find the room in this massive old seminary and got lost and had to return to reception. Found room, clean bare wooden floor with 2 single beds and wash basin and you share wc and shower with 10 other rooms! No breakfast in the morning. Don't go there better off sleeping in your car!!

Room Tip: sleep in your car instead
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2017

If you like a room with no working heating, stained carpet and stained furniture, then I guess it's great. There's a young man working in the reception area and he's really pleasant and helpful. Our whole group tried to get him to avoid the female reception staff who are most unpleasant. I am utterly amazed that you'd have a residential conference facility without any laundry facilities, and when I asked for a local spot, the receptionist told me the nearest dry-cleaner was 'miles away'. Needless, to say, there was a laundry and dry cleaning service about 250 metres away, but I only found that on the last day.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2017

I stayed here for a week during my study abroad trip this summer in the south campus residence halls/apartments. Getting into town is only a 3-5 minute walk! For my building, there would be 4 rooms per shared hall, two shared bathrooms, and one shared common room/kitchen. A keycard is needed to get into the building, into your hall, AND into your room. It's a bit of a pain to have to use the keycard so much, but at least I know I'll be safe! Space for the bedrooms and bathrooms were adequate, the beds were nice, water was warm, and we were given fresh towel everyday. The common area was also very nice with a couch/lounge area, a dining table area, then the kitchen itself that has everything you'd need to cook. Nice big windows for a good view too! Bedrooms have a full size mirror, a large dresser, a desk, and shelves above the desk for storage. Overall, this place was great and I loved it!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business