“Going Downhill After Ownership Change”

Tavern At Rogues Manor
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2021

We've been eating there for over 30 years. New owners have raised prices, reduced portions and eliminated historic dishes like the BBQ pork ribs. Once a great restaurant now apparently run by hipster accountants. A pass for the future - taking my patronage to Gaskins Cabin.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (105)

Reviewed 14 November 2020 via mobile

I would suggest taking the tour of Rogue Castle first and meet the prior owner of restaurant. Then go to restaurant for great meal and find the prior owner in painting in bar, watching over patrons!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

This restaurant was highly recommended and I really wanted to like it. First the good: Our waitress was decent and the complimentary bread was good. The atmosphere was very nice and that was the best part. Now for the bad: I ordered my steak med rare. See the pic. It was gray throughout. Wasn’t asked to cut into it to check. Potatoes were room temp at best. I debated ordering a second steak, but after the waitress brought the meal she disappeared for about 20 minutes. I would have had to take my plate to her. Honestly the flavor wasn't bad, just very over cooked. Had we been at a less expensive restaurant I wouldn't have cared, but this was a $36 or $38 dollar steak. I ordered a cocktail and could not taste any whiskey. I did send it back when she returned. I really hate to give bad reviews, I really do, but this was pretty disappointing.

Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

We had some yummy bites here. Stopped for dinner and we’re not dissatisfied. The fall drink list was fresh and loved the smoked ice trick when I ordered their specialty fall old fashioned. We ordered the appetizer for two and the fried bread alone was amazing. The only thing I would have liked to see done different is the cream cheese that came with the smoked salmon, ya gotta whip that with dill chef! I had the Seafood Casserole with rice and it was really good, scallops can be tricky, but mine were fantastic! My companions aged filet was done at a perfect medium rare and he loved it!

Reviewed 11 October 2020

My wife and I have either at Rogues Manor on several occasions and have always enjoyed the food, service and atmosphere. I have no idea what when wrong, but tonight was just off the rails. We arrived promptly at opening to get one of the few outside tables because of COVID. We were seated promptly and the waiter took our drink order. We waited another 20 minutes for the wine to arrive. And another fifteen for the waiter to take our food order. In all we were there for nearly three hours (without dessert) and had go to the front to finally get our check. The order was incorrect and the food was no better than mediocre. When my wife expressed our dissatisfaction to the greeter, he blamed COVID and otherwise ignored us.

Sorry, but it was one of the worst dining experiences that I have ever had.