5 people are viewing this hotel
$63
Priceline$73
Hotels.com$73
Travelocity$73
All reviews island hopping f b water pressure quiet place luggage requests instant steps mabini staircase edgar leg comparison shore snorkeling servings sea
Selected filters
Reviewed November 10, 2022 via mobile

The resort was unexpectedly a gem offering great views of the sea. I personally loved the shaded balcony area with a huge tree. There were around 200 steps going down but it was an easy route anyway so it wasn’t an issue for us. The scuba diving staff were all very friendly and their diving equipments were in good condition so that’s really a plus. Also, much thanks to our dive master for taking awesome underwater photos.
One thing I have to say is that their food was bit expensive and it seems they need more kitchen staff. But overall, we had a lovely stay and I’d definitely want to go back.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Edgar Joyno, Other at Altamare Dive & Leisure Resort Anilao, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2022

Thank you Jennileen for spending your vacation in Altamare Dive & Leisure Resort. We appreciate the time you spent in giving reviews on our resort. Rest assured that we will look into the details and take necessary actions on the things you mentioned. We are looking forward to seeing you again at Altamare Resort. Again, Thank you so much and keep safe always

Reviewed September 25, 2022

This resort is highly recommended for those who are looking for a place to relax or unwind. For only 2-3 hours drive from Manila, you'll get to this gem and experience the sea breeze while listening how the waves splashes the shore. We stayed in one of their deluxe rooms and boy, the view of the pool and the beach was enough for me to stay in the balcony for hours.

the following are few reasons why we'll definitely go back:

1.accomodating, attentive and courteous hotel staffs, especially their manager, Edgar.
2.good food with generous serving (would be great to have more options though). :) Great service btw from Jerry of F&B.
3.clean and spacious rooms which smells really good, especially when we arrived.
4.clean swimming pool that is really inviting.
5.no need to rent a boat to do snorkeling, corals and fishes may be seen a few meters away from the shore.
6.breathtaking view, esp during sunset.
7.clear beach water.
8.complimentary snorkeling gears and kayak.
9.free flowing kapeng barako all day.
10.a peaceful and quiet place to escape the hustle and bustle city environment

the total of 500+ steps going up and down from parking to the resort were nothing compared to the experience we had while staying in Altamare. a bang for the buck indeed!

Thank you and see you again!

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family
Drex S, Other at Altamare Dive & Leisure Resort Anilao, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2022

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review and the perfect rating, feedbacks like yours definitely uplifts everyone and keeps our team more motivated in giving their all. Again, thank you so much and looking forward to welcoming you soon, hopefully in the not too distant future!

Reviewed September 17, 2022 via mobile

Thank you for saving our trip. After three years of lockdown in Shanghai, you made our stay memorable. All staff are accommodating. The food is great. The swimming pool is amazing and pets are allowed .
Highly recommended. Worth your penny

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much Liezel, we are very happy to know that we met your expectations and had a wonderful Altamare experience, we do hope to be welcoming you again soon! Thank you and stay safe always.

Reviewed August 29, 2022

The misses and I booked this resort to celebrate her birthday. I didnt know what to expect but here it is. Upon arrival, guest will encounter 252 steps to get to the resort. If you have a lot of luggage to carry, you're going to get a great work out. I did not like the peddlers constantly begging me to buy something from them. If I said no, they would ask my girlfriend to tell me to buy something for her. They would not take no for an answer and I viewed this behavior as harassment. I blamed the resort management for allowing the peddlers to harass the guests while we ate meals. They allowed them to come on the property and sit near us and/or stand near the water and beg us to buy their products. Lastly, I thought the resort had a beach area with sand. Bummer.

Date of stay: August 2022
2  Thank P5405NJmikes
Reviewed August 25, 2022

A nice resort in Mabini, the place for diving and snorkeling in Batangas
Situated at the end of Mabini peninsula, about 45 minutes from Batangas City SLEX exit is this rather new-ish resort
It is rather mid-priced at 6500P for 2pax room. There is good parking at the top of a 250 steps stairs down to the premises. Easy steps about 15cm high but still 250 steps. Not for people with very poor condition or even wheelchair bound.
The rooms are nice and all facing the sea. Staff was so nice to upgrade our room to a king size bed rather than 2 twin beds. We were only among 3 guests couples during the TP Florita, but still nice from staff to accommodate. So we got the family room. Very roomy, nice bathroom, functioning equipment and a rain-shower that worked good, but quirky mounted rather low for my 185cm length. Just fit.
Room equipped with water heater, fridge, TV etc. Bed was very comfortable, good sheets and mattress
We looked out to a nice, chilly and clean infinity pool, and the sea beyond that.
The internet was weak, slow. Many times we opted to use our phone data plan.
There is no beach here. The sea is right up to the resort. Access is easy but rocky and suggest water shoes. There is swimming and snorkeling and surely diving which we didn’t do.
Breakfast is Filipino style. You are asked in advance to make your choices of viand, eggs and carbs. Free coffee and water and for some extra cash you get fresh juice shakes etc. Fresh fruits costs extra too.
The restaurant, for multi days stays, has a limited number of choices and food quality is kind of OK. Rather pricey for the portions served. Beers, alcoholics prices are in my honest opinions high. Red Horse can, 330ml is 125 pesos. Same for SM pale or Light. Wines 1200P for a bottle that normally costs 400P in market. So, I am a little worried, not knowing the rest of the area as comparison, if the value of this place is up to standard. In these areas there is no town/city nearby for more choices of restaurants. And with 260 steps going up the hill, you kind of stuck at the restaurant of the resort.
Finally, personnel is young, kind, customer oriented and professional.
Over he average score of 3.5 in Tripadvisor resembles my best feelings

Room tip: Higher floors rooms are best
Date of stay: August 2022