Review Highlights
The absolute best fishing trip!

The reel escape is an awesome fishing machine with all the right equipment. The captain and crew... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Jeff J
Millis, Massachusetts
Amazing tuna adventure. Willy is the man!!!!!

Reviewed 21 February 2021

from US$127.09
from US$46.16
from US$149.00
More Info
All reviews tuna rooster fish amberjack captain willie live bait blue marlin great boat costa rica spinner dolphins smooth operation big boat first class operation spent two days excellent days el capitan these guys half day trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

We fished all day offshore and found the thousands of jumping spinner dolphins. We saw other boats that weren’t catching fish while we pulled in 8 yellow fin tuna. Experience of a lifetime and Willy is the mastermind behind it all!! I’d book with him again anytime!!!

Date of experience: February 2021
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

I travelled early this year to Costa Rica as I come here annually to visit my son, 16 and take him on great adventures. This year, we picked Drake Bay as our destination for the nature parks, calm oceans and probably the best early season fishing on the Pacific at the end of November, beginning of December. This company offered accurate useful advice for our travel here and our accommodation, the crew was very knowledgeable and they had the right equipment onboard to guarantee we would have a great fishing experience, I could see the excitement in the crews eyes when we were pulling more yellowfin tuna onboard than 3 of us could eat, we then travelled to a spot were the exciting rooster fish is known to be and by following Willy’s instructions to a tee, I was able to bring aboard 2 beautiful fish for photos and safely return them to the sea. Great experience for young boys.
Thanks guys,

Charles

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 5 December 2020

The captain Willy was very nollegeable, very friendly and fun, we caught lots of fish with him and his first mate. And as a bonus we got to eat fresh fish

Date of experience: December 2020
Reviewed 10 March 2020

Went to DrakeBay on the recomendation of my good friend Joe (who went last year) and another fishing buddy. Captian willy and the crew gave us four excellent days of fishing! Sailfish roosters tuna and snapper to name a few. Accomitations were excellent and it looks like a yearly trip for me Being on the back side of 60 years I can say everyone made me very comfortable and loved that 90 lb tuna! Many thanks to everyone It really was a Reel Escape!

Date of experience: March 2020
Reviewed 7 March 2020

Went back to Drake Bay to do some more fishing, one year later and just as good, Capt willy and his crew do everything they can to make your fishing experience the best it can be. I went down with with two buddy's and had a great time, catching big tuna, snapper, sailfish, roosters, even jumped a tarpon in the pacific, take the big boat offshore, and the big or the smaller boat inshore we fished for 4 days and just mixed it all up, they are the best group of people to work with, I will soon be planning my trip back. The drake bay area and the fishing is something you need to see.

Date of experience: March 2020