Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 AM
Review Highlights
Great instructors, nice people, super knowledgeable

This place came highly recommended by the surfing couple who runs our AirBNB. The people working... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Ozarkia
Saint Louis, Missouri
via mobile
Good vibes only - Surf spirit at its best

This Crew is amazing and represents the spirit of surfing like no one else. I had a blast of a week... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
claudia_aus_B
Berlin, Germany
via mobile

All reviews learn how costa rica these guys perfect place to learn riding waves catch waves down to earth fresh fruit dylan lesson josue board surf crew safety basics school
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 October 2021

Sunset surf is the best place to take surf lessons in Dominical if you are a beginner. But even if you are intermediate / advanced I would recommend doing a session with them if you are new to the area because they will teach you the currents, and show you the best spots to catch waves. The crew at Sunset is very knowledgeable and enthusiastic to help you get better. They are cool guys. Ask about the local mejenga too!

Date of experience: October 2021
Reviewed 11 October 2021 via mobile

What a nice place. The people is so nice and welcoming. This place has the best teachers in dominical! If you want to surf in dominical, then you need to visit this place

Date of experience: October 2021
Reviewed 14 September 2021 via mobile

I had zero surfing experience when I had my first lesson at Sunset Surf Dominical. I was able to stand up during the first lesson and had so much fun that I took ten lessons in a row! I took a lesson every day that we were in CR. Henry was my surf instructor, who was very patient, attentive and encouraging. He clearly explained the basics to me and provided useful feedback after each ride, which really helped me to learn and improve quickly. I took two beginners lessons and moved to intermediate on my third lesson. If you have any interest in surfing or want to improve your surfing skills, I highly recommend surf lessons at Sunset Surf Dominical. They also offer advanced lessons for seasoned surfers who want to learn to do crazy things on the waves. Also, CR has amazing surf conditions and is a perfect place to learn surfing!

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 31 July 2021

I brought a retreat to Costa Rica and surf lesson was one of our excursions. We had 12 people ranging from their early 20s to their early 50s. Every single person was able to stand up and surf! The instructors were absolutely amazing. They took time to teach us while we were surfing at that spot, how to keep ourselves safe as well as everyone around us.One instructor to every two participants. They were patient professional and gave us and a memory that will last a lifetime!

Date of experience: July 2021
Reviewed 14 July 2021

Dylan and Paulino are amazing to work with in scheduling any surf adventure. The instructors were amazing and both my kids were up and surfing in no time.

Date of experience: July 2021