“Great Vegetarian Food”

Price range: US$2 - US$11
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Vegan. Ever-changing daily menu. Made from scratch. Real food. Local ingredients. Organic. Wraps, hummus, salads, smoothies, coffee, iced teas, vegan treats... mostly gluten free menu.
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Very good, fresh vegetarian/vegan food. Ample quantity, friendly service. Located in courtyard of Bldg. 414 accessible front or back bldg 414.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The menu is created fresh each day, 100% vegan. It’s a tiny restaurant, tucked into a courtyard area. The wrap we had was tasty and the kale, carrot, and cabbage salad was excellent. The plastic water cups were dirty on the outside, but kudos for the green effort of real dishes and silverware.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Jealous of Tempe.

I’m from Prescott, and sadly we have no place this. I wish we did. 100% vegan. I would eat here everyday. I’m here on Saturday at noon, almost no one is here. I hope this place gets enough local support to stay open a long time.

Everything is fresh! I have lentils and carrots. My other half had spinach and pasta. Huge portions. Delicious.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

The rice pilaf and sweet onion alfredo tasted really good. I experimented with the peanut butter, banana, and greens smoothie. So pleased I did. This is a really down to earth and pleasant place to try out.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I can't say enough good things about Desert Roots. I love walking in and being greeted by friendly faces and offered samples of the delicious homemade vegan food. It's so hard to pick - so the samples really help! I usually get a half wrap and a side or two. During the summer, it's best to take the food to-go given the lack of A/C in the seating area. My only complaint about Desert Roots is the hours. It's hard to get to downtown Tempe for breakfast or lunch on a weekday. How about being open for at least 11:30 - 2 on Saturdays, please? Maybe once a month? Close on Mondays instead? Something that provides an option for people who don't live/work in Tempe?