“Friendly neighborhood restaurant with very reasonable prices; not a sports bar ”
Review of Las Cazuela's

Las Cazuela's
Ranked #40 of 221 Restaurants in Surprise
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Reviewed 24 January 2019 via mobile

We visited this local restaurant with friends for a very early dinner. This appears to be a family-friendly restaurant, not a bar. There are a few TVs amidst the dining area, but I do not recall a separate bar area or any large-screen TVs. The decor is not fancy.

The lack of a sports bar format helped assure us a table when we visited on a football playoff evening. A sports bar would have been extremely crowded.

My chicken fajitas were good. The meat was tender. The portion size was reasonable. I did not get an excess amount of food, just the right amount. In fact I would have liked more guacamole.

Our friends liked the dollar margaritas. I got one of the two Mexican beers on tap.

The restaurant is fairly spacious.

The prices were very reasonable.

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed 17 December 2018

Their Margaritas are fabulous and the price is wonderful...their shrimp enchilada is great with the white sauce...friendly and good tacos

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 12 December 2018

Last Christmas Eve, we got into town to visit my Dad a little later than expected. The Mexican restaurant we were heading to was closed when we got there, and so was our plan B. We ended up here since they were open. We ended up having such a fantastic time. The staff was friendly and festive. The food was OK, as were the margaritas (I think they were only $0.99). However, it turned out to be one of the best Christmas Eve's in a long time. Just ate there for lunch last weekend while in town for the day. I got the supreme burrito with beef and my Dad got the same but with chicken. It was nothing special, just good basic mexican food. And, when the check came, it was less than $40 for 4 of us. The food I believe is just as good as some of the more expensive places we've gone to in the area. We will be in town again to celebrate Christmas with my Dad and are looking forward to our visit here for dinner on Christmas Eve. Just a nice, festive, tasty, stress-free dinner enjoying the company of family.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed 25 September 2018

The exterior may not be great but you come for the food not the view. The menu is pretty extensive. All of the food was flavorful and piping hot.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

This place used to be really good - not sure what is going on. Not sure if I will be back.

Great service and reasonable prices. Great drink prices. Service is friendly, but what used to be exceptional food is now okay.

I usually order the chicken chimichanga and it was great. Now it is average/below average-several cold spots which tells me it was reheated. It looks great - but really was not that good.

Date of visit: April 2018