“Good Location, Good Food”

El Rincon Restaurante Mexicano
Ranked #71 of 166 Restaurants in Sedona
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican, Native American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: El Rincon Restaurant Mexicano offers “Arizona Style” Mexican cuisine - a blending of traditional Mexican with southwestern Navajo influences. Created in 1976, El Rincon is one of Sedona’s most recommended and visited restaurants. Having served over 3.5 million guests, El Rincon is loved by locals and tourists alike with many repeat visits the custom.El Rincon features:• “Arizona Style” Mexican Cuisine• World Famous Margaritas• Family Friendly Service• Indoor and Patio SeatingEl Rincon's favorite specialties are the hand rolled Chimichangas. Each one is hand rolled with sopapilla masa folded around your choice of beef, chicken, shrimp or chili and beans, then deep fried and served with your choice of red or green enchilada sauce, rice and beans or guacamole salad. For an added treat try our dessert Chimichangas: chocolate cherry, apple, peach, and more. Also try our Navajo Pizza made with sopapilla crust. The menu includes all your favorite traditional Mexican dishes such as, tacos, enchiladas, burritos, tamales and chili rellenos. We use local grown all natural ingredients made fresh daily, free range chicken and beef, no preservatives, no lard ever!El Rincon’s Margaritas are famous too. “It’s the homemade sweet & sour that makes them so good,” says Demetrio Wagner, founder and owner. “Just add your favorite tequila,” added Demetrio. Popular flavors include prickly pear, strawberry, peach, jalapeño, and coconut.El Rincon's open lunch and dinner, seating first come, first served for lunch with reservations accepted for dinner starting at 5 pm.El Rincon is complemented by the exceptional amenities of Tlaquepaque Village, including art galleries, jewelry shops, picturesque hallways, colorful flowers, and giant sycamore trees with enchanting courtyards.
Reviewed 24 June 2019

Lunch spot for us. I had Navajo green chili pizza - sopapilla crust, beans, green chile, cheese and veggies and shrimp and loved it. Others had taco salad and other Mexican dishes.

Date of visit: June 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,550)

Reviewed 23 June 2019

I ordered the cheese and onion enchiladas and the first bite brought tears to my eyes. Literally emotional derived tears. The flavor was perfect and took be me back to my childhood eating TexMex in Houston at Leo's Mexican Restaurant. I haven't had that perfect combination of cheesy saucy flavors in decades. It includes a little green salad with what tasted like pickled jicama. Very nice fresh flavors.
My wife ordered small nachos which was a hefty quantity with loads of fresh toppings and delicious shredded chicken, sour cream and guacamole on the side.
We finished with a chocolate chimichanga which comes with vanilla ice cream. This was a decadent delight of texture and flavor the likes of which I have never had. It is actually a crispy sopapilla filled with chocolate moose. I want this for my birthday cake forever.
They have indoor and covered outdoor seating. We choose indoor and I was a tad cold. They had Mexican blankets hanging on wooden ladders by the door to the patio. I wrapped one of those around my shoulders and warmed right up. This evening at El Rincon was, for me, the highlight of our Sedona trip - food-wise. I cannot recommend strongly enough.

One more thing - if you sign up with your email on their web-page you get a $5 coupon right away. The only problem is they have the email format validation set to only accept business emails (like name@business.com) and it won't accept gmail and comcast addresses. I have reported this and hope they elevate it to the webmaster to correct. The vast majority of people don't have business web email addresses.

Reviewed 20 June 2019

Love the chimichangas at El Rincon. Great food and service. They serve my favorite Mexican beer; Bohemia. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 June 2019 via mobile

This is authentic Mexican Food. A bit pricey, but the portions are large and very well done. Be prepared to wait at meal time. Service is first rate and you won’t leave hungry!

Reviewed 14 June 2019

Have eaten here every time in Sedona. The ingredients are fresh, the tastes are superb, and quantities are very ample. The atmosphere on the patio adds to the dining experience, and service is. excellent. Be sure to make reservations for seating well ahead of time (a few days minimum).