“Good and Quick Japanese”
Review of Sushi Ko

Sushi Ko
Ranked #388 of 1,339 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small,but comfortable. Excellent food at a very reasonable price. The service was also prompt. My husband and I have only been there at lunch time. It is difficult to find because it is tucked away behind other stores in a strip mall. Well worth the discovery. A hidden gem.
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Hard to find, but a colleague led me here for lunch. I wasn't particularly in the mood for Japanese food, and was expecting the usual Bento Box with deep fried veg and/or sushi/sashimi.

Staff are friendly and efficient. Décor is unpretentious, quiet and relaxing. Other customers were an eclectic mix of Asian and Caucasian, young to old. Sushi staff are visible behind counter as are their fresh fish offerings.

Ordered the salmon teriyaki, and chicken teriyaki (with white meat ($1 extra) lunch specials, with a California roll (boring choice I know).

It started with Miso soup, which is usually a yawn. But, this Miso was good, and I drank it all. Afterwards came the Cal Roll which again was better than expected.

Then, instead of the Bento Box I was dreading, the Teriyaki was a lovely surprise. The chicken was generous and good quality, the sauce was excellent. It came with a wonderful salad and no deep fried anything (you can order that separately if you want).

Finally I ordered Green Tea ice cream... It looked like they gave me close to a quart!. Seemed less sweet than store bought, so maybe home made - I forgot to ask. Anyway, loved it.

I admit that I am not a huge "knosser" of Japanese restaurants, but this was one of the best I have tried. I can't think of anything negative to say. Will be back for sushi and sashimi next time I am in this part of town.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Tucked away back in the corner of a strip mall, this restaurant is worth looking for. Sushi was excellent and very friendly staff!

Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Sushi Ko had fabulous food and a wide variety of options on their menu. We went back three times during our visit!

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

Family-owned/operated and clearly a neighborhood favorite. Bar w/TVs for sports fans doesn't intrude on the quiet ambience of the sushi bar and high-backed booths. Everything was fresh and flavorful, and the service was friendly and attentive. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is a really tucked away friendly, family oriented sushi place. My husband and I were here for lunch. We got one of the lunch specials, which included miso soup, salad, 6 pieces of sushi and a california roll. The salad was different, it was more like a cole slaw than a typical green salad. It was delicious and they put white pickled ginger instead of pink, which shows attention to quality and detail. Prices were reasonable for generous portions.