“Cool in more ways than one ”
Review of The Mission

The Mission
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 1,335 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Transit: The Scottsdale Trolley stops in three spots within less than 2 blocks from The Mission!
Description: Old Town Scottsdale’s heart is beating to a Latin drum, now that The Mission has arrived and brightened the restaurant scene. Renowned Zinc Bistro Chef Matt Carter is now cooking up modern Latin cuisine blending influences from Spain, Mexico, Central America and South America. Home made Tortillas, Arepas, and Salsas are made fresh daily and all meats are prepared on a Plancha or a grill using pecan and mesquite wood that instills a rich flavor.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Interesting dimly lit interior - cool quiet & inviting. We stopped in to this tex mex style restaurant for a drink & a light lunch snack after walking around the old town area. Prices were quite good & our guacamole dish prepared right at our table was delicious & it was fun to watch it being made. Whilst they don’t seem to have a vast range of dishes, their dinner menu is a bit more extensive than the lunch one & we might have to come back & try it again at night.
Lance, our waiter, was great. He was very friendly, helpful & has the “gift of the gab”.
I’d certainly recommend this restaurant for a pleasant meal, good service & a break from the bright outdoor sun.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,341)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Omg!! You have to dine here. The ambiance, food, presentation and service were superior. Must order the table side made guacamole, and for dessert, the pumpkin bread pudding for dessert!! Their tortilla chips are awesome. Our server Sarah, was knowledgeable, fun and very pleasant. I recommend this restaurant highly. Yum!!!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

There are many reason we like The Mission. The food is delicious, the service is excellent, and the ambiance on either their front or back patios is amazing. The only quibble is the music was playing too loud and the genre was not in fitting with the ‘Latin’ or historical significance of the restaurants name sake. The Mission has been consistently good and we very much appreciated their efforts to make our diner memorable. Mucho gracias à todos!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our family of 6 ate here for lunch. The street tacos were excellent, especially the steak and chicken. The back patio is very pleasant, even on a warm afternoon. Service was ok as the place was crowded, My wife and I returned on our own. Service was better as it wasn't as crowded. You must order the table-side guacamole. It's a real treat, both in execution and taste. I have replicated some of the techniques since returning home.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

My first thought walking in: I have never been to a restaurant that is so dark! But once my eyes adjusted to the light (or lack of), it was easy to tell this was a well decorated, trendy restaurant that I wanted to try out.

The margarita was very good. However, I was less impressed by the food. The top menu item I wanted to try was only avalible for two people (the pork tacos), so I had the steak tacos and street corn. The street corn was not impressive, especially for the price. It was a small dish of corn. I don't think I have ever see tacos the size of the ones I had. Each one, wasn't much larger that an silver dollar. Adorable, but left much to be desired.