“Highlight of our vacation!”

Western Destinations Canyon Creek Ranch - Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Canyon Creek Ranch is nestled on 130 breathtaking acres in Cold Water Canyon, just twenty miles north of Phoenix in Black CanyonCity, Arizona. The ranch is surrounded by 71,000 acres of National Monument land, featuring rugged hills, fantastic volcanic formations, ancient Native American petroglyphs and the Agua Fria River. The ranch offers great views of the surrounding mountains and miles of natural Sonoran desert to explore and enjoy.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This excursion was the highlight of our vacation. Everyone was incredible and went out of their way to talk with us and make sure we had a fantastic time. Special thanks to our horseback riding guide Chris. We had a blast and loved that Chris not only took pictures while we rode so we could focus on the ride; but included a few hilarious selfies and videos for us to find later! After the ride my kids loved learning to throw hatchets, shoot the pistols and rope a steer with TJ as well as talking football while we walked around! The bbq was absolutely delicious too! A perfect way to end our adventure!

1  Thank Stacey B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,370)
All reviews
"rope a steer"
"western style"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We visited with our two children ages 12 and 13. We had a great time! Definitely a highlight of our vacation. Our guide was Chris and he was hilarious! He kept us laughing while teaching us about the area’s history, vegetation, and wildlife. He also offered to take pictures of us during the ride. He took some awesome shots! We also enjoyed the drinks and games after the horseback riding. We were surprised at our hidden cowboy talents. Who knew my husband was an ace at throwing axes!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great experience from start to finish! Excellent communication, directions, and booking. When we arrived we were greeted by friendly knowledgeable staff. Wide variety of activities that my girls ( 9 & 10 years old ) enjoyed. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I was very impressed with the Ranch and the people there were so nice. I want to shout out to Joey our tour guide and Opal for the awesome chili. I never expected to be so wonderful. The horseback riding was so relaxed of I have not rode a horse since I was a child. The hospitality was great and I could go on and on about this place. I am planning a return visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had never been horseback riding before. They gave us a 5 minute explanation of what to do & I was nervous it wasn’t enough but the staff ride with you and guide you through the trail. It was definitely enough explaining.
Lunch and all the other activities made it such a unique experience.
Highly recommend!!!!
The only thing, the signage along the drive is a little lacking. Keep following GSP even though you think you’re going the wrong way.