“Great place for a happy hour drink but skip the food.”

Sandbar Mexican Grill
Ranked #532 of 3,289 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: One of three Arizona locations of the Sandbar Mexican Grill. The other two are in Chandler and Peoria.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The outdoor patio is a fun and festive place to have a happy hour drink. And the appetizers are fine too. But I'd skip dinner. I wasn't impressed by the food and the atmosphere turns into nightclub vibe later in the evening. We try to clear out by then and let the youngsters take over.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Went for dinner Monday night with my older teenage girls and hubby. The service was good food terrible. Jeeze, I’m from Cali so we eat a lot of Mexican food. This was gross. Even my iced tea was weird.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Although this place looks like it would be a fun place to go, the service is incredibly slow, and the food is average at best. I'm sure there are other much better Mexican places to go while in Phoenix.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We went for the weekend happy hour and sat on the patio. The waitress was attentive and friendly. I had a pina colada and it was really good. They definitely did not skimp on the alcohol. I ordered 3 street tacos and enjoyed them as well. I will be back.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Driving from the airport to the JW Marriott, we decided to stop in for a quick bite. How lucky we were! The weather was mild and we elected to sit out on the patio, where we were greeted by the Iowa Hawkeye football fans watching their team on TV at the PinStripe Bowl. Despite our Penn State swag, we were there for the Fiesta Bowl, everyone was very nice!

Starving from the long plane ride f rom Philadelphia, we ordered nachos, fajitas, tacos and a taco salad. The food was great, as were the strawberry Margaritas (frozen). The food was great. We really enjoyed stopping by for a great meal.