All reviews the perito moreno glacier horseback riding amazing views corner room day trip snow capped mountains fantastic location personalized service estancia cristina huge windows remote location buenos aires four nights luxury hotel lago argentino chilli living room
Reviewed 20 December 2015

Very friendly and attentive staff at the lodge. Excellent food and wine. You feel like a guest in someone’s home rather than staying in a hotel. The lodge features restored vintage furniture local to the area and stunning views of Estancia Anita. There is an indoor swimming pool and spa but no exercise facilities though you can do a number of hikes around the property.

We stayed in a premium suite as the two corner suites were unavailable. The view was excellent and the room was large. The bathroom was large though the shower was difficult to operate and the counter and mirror were far to low. The internet at the hotel is slow but this is to be expected. I don't watch TV but if you do, you should know that there is only one TV in the entire lodge. Room service is limited to drinks and other cold items.

Overall I am very happy with the lodge. The high quality food, and service stand out here.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BlakeSFO
Reviewed 16 December 2015

This hotel was absolutely spectacular. The staff was kind and attentive, the food was amazing and views couldn't be beat. We went horseback riding, took a cruise around the glaciers and hiked on one of the glaciers over the course of three days, all of which the hotel arranged for us. One of the best places I've ever stayed.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2015

This place is located between El Calafate and on the way to the glaciers. If you like peace and tranquil then this is the place. We had a room with a view to the valley and the lake.
The dining area and the common area also have great views. Loved the service and the food. Considering it being a Relais & Chateaux property I was surprised that the wine was not included with the food.
The town of El Calafate is far from here and you cannot walk over unless you have your own car or the hotel gets you over there.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2015

We had two nights stay here at Eolo on our first trip to Argentina. Beautiful views and the lamb was cooking when we got there so first impression was awesome and that meal was terrific. I think the hotel staff here should be more open to questions from guests (and the staff is there breakfast lunch and dinner), I always felt like I was intruding when I asked questions somehow, I can't quite put my finger on it and my daughters both speak spanish fluently. My 20 and 15 year olds definitely did not feel comfortable here, Many couples only and very little communication between guests so if total peace is what you are looking for this is the place. Our guides for the Mini Glacier trek were amazing and this guide provided more info on the area and our hotel than the hotel staff ever offered. The hotel packed an awesome lunch and backpacks for us as well. The food was very good and the view from the dining room awesome. I thought the rooms were nice but we were right next to the dining room. I would stay in the town of El Calafate next time even though I am sure the accommodations would be a step down.
We saw a manager several times but really no engagement.

Room Tip: not in hall off the dining room
  • Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
2  Thank jackie s
Reviewed 28 November 2015 via mobile

The hotel is set off the road all to itself ... makes for an exciting approach. They had been roasting lamb over open coals since 4 a.m., the smell heavenly and the meal most memorable.

The staff was friendly and helpful, however, I feel we could have used a bit more information regarding our excursions as far as expense (never stated) and what to expect weather-wise. Fortunately, I had on several layers that served me well.

We went to Perito Moreno glacier the first day and Cristina estancia the following day. Cristina is quite a long day - 3-hr. boat trip. If it is windy, I can imagine a lot of sea sickness. We were fortunate to have fairly calm seas. However, winds were super high atop the overlook ... again, I was lucky having brought a warm cap, neck warmer, gloves, etc.

Superb meals and the views are truly spectacular. Very peaceful ... not for children.

Highly recommend!