All reviews heated floors ski resort cerro catedral hot water junior suite astronomer snow skiing fireplace jacuzzi
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

We recently visited Bariloche to climb the Tronador mountain. We stayed at the Galileo for 4 days. The stay was fantastic. We were treated to daily room breakfasts (brought in by a hotel clerk every morning at your chosen time). But the real treat came at night when the observatory opened and our astronomer enthusiast gave us a tour of the southern ski. What a delightful activity! Never before we were so enthralled by a hotel extra activity. My closest comparison would be the Ritz in Battery Park, where they give you a telescope to see the statue of liberty. This was way better.
Kudos to the whole Galileo team and especially the manager, Sol.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Jorge M
Sol C, Gerente at Galileo Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind comments on your stay.
We loved hosting you and seing your family experience the delights of Patagonia.
We look forward to receiving you again to enjoy the winter season next time you visit Argentina
See you soon
Sol Canalda

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Great place! Even better ski rental place! Within 10 steps of the gondola is an absolutely fantastic ski rental place. They even help you put on your boots as a skier with over 25 years of experience I don’t need but they keep them overnight, they keep your skis, everything shows up clean and ready in the morning. They’re fantastic and most of all, they are only 10 steps from the gondola.

Wish I could remember some of the guys that worked there. The manager refers to himself as “el chino”. The people at Galileo are fantastic. The heated floors in this place are unbelievable! It really makes the room warm and cozy.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank JohnKevC
Sol C, Director General at Galileo Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2017

Thank you Kevin for your comments! we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Our underfloor heating is not only unbelievable but also very sustainable.
Galileo is as you say located very near to the mountain and we always recommend ski shops that take as good care of our guests as we do at the hotel :)
Catedral Ski Resort

Reviewed 10 September 2017

I loved my stay at the Galileo. I was looking for a nice mid-range hotel for a 5 day ski trip, and the Galileo exceeded my expectations. The service is excellent, Veronica in particular really went out of her way to help us, she helped us rent a car, and spent time doing inquiries on a fishing trip that we were looking to do. The other hotel employees were great as well. I forgot a belt in my room after I checked out, and they emailed me about it and I was able to come pick it up. Each room has a jacuzzi, there's nothing better than that after a long day of skiing! On one of the nights the hotel brought down an astronomer and invited the guests to join him as he showed us different stars using the telescope on the roof.. that's really unique! Even though the wifi never worked well, this hotel gets a 5 star rating from me for the great service and all the other nice things it has. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Sol P
SolC4, Director General at Galileo Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you Sol P for your kind comments on your stay.
We work every day to meet and try to exceed our guests expectations. We are always glad to help make your experience an excellent one.
I will compliment Veronica on your behalf and the rest of our team as well. Fishing season in Patagonia usually runs from November through May, but you can sometimes fish all year round in some of our many surounding lakes. Please make sure to contact us in advance next time to arrange this before hand.
Galileo Boutique Hotel features an Astronomical Observatory and we are glad to invite all our guests on clear sky nights to discover the southern hemisphere´s stars and constellations.
We are crossing our fingers hoping a good internet server stablishes in Bariloche so we can improve our service.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

the service is so wonderful. they help you make a fire in your fireplace every night! there is a jacuzzi tub in the living room! All you can eat breakfast in the lobby is a nice atmosphere. if i wanted snacks I could get them whenever I wanted.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SolC4, Director General at Galileo Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you Kim for your kind words about the hotel and our team.
We are glad you enjoyed your private fireplace and Jacuzzi Tub.
Our restaurant opens daily during winter season almost until midnight.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at Galileo. The room was beautiful and comfortable -- stone floors, very clean, all new-looking and (important after skiing) hot water. I particularly enjoyed the helpful and accommodating staff, which helped me feel settled in notwithstanding my very short stay. They also have larger suites with kitchens, which would be great for groups or longer stays. A 5-minute walk from the base of the mountain as well.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Jessica M
SolC4, Gerente at Galileo Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thanks Jessica for your kind comments on your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your Studio Room with kitchenette, hottub and fireplace. Bigger rooms do have larger kitchens and sitting areas.
We hope to see you again soon with a group for a longer ski trip