“Best Miso Soup in Buenos Aires, excellent Tonkatsu and wonderful service”

Sintesis Tapas Asiaticas
Ranked #36 of 6,389 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Recoleta
Description: Acclaimed as one of the best places for ramen in Buenos Aires, it offers a variety of traditional Japaneses, Taiwanese and Chinese dishes reflecting the heritage and experience of the chefs who skillfully prepare the food with the freshest ingredients available. The 8-course Asian tapas tasting menu is recommended in the first visit and many share it as the appetizer to then proceed to more tapas or entrees ordered a-la-carte. Carefully selected wines from different regions of Argentina, as well as artisan beer pair well with the food. Vegetarian dishes are also served!
Reviewed 25 May 2016

My first visit to Síntesis, just 3 blocks from home, was an impromptu meeting with friends. The restaurant was full so we sat at the bar and we enjoyed it so much that they couldn't get rid of us! I've since returned 3 times without migrating from the first option on the "tapas"or tasting menu as it's so good! Their flexibility in providing 1.5 portions of a tasting menu for 2 so that 3 can share is perfect. Its a pity that the Maryland couple decided to post two mediocre and repetitive reviews for the same visit causing a dip in rankings for Sintesis. Having lived in Japan for 3 years as well as spending time in Taiwan, I can certainly say that the Taiwanese owner knows what he is doing, and is always out on the floor, explaining every detail to diners and asking for feedback. This is so uncommon in Buenos Aires and a welcome change. Excellent cocktails, nice wines and delicious ginger ice-cream!

1  Thank ABCDaydream

Reviewed 28 January 2016

This place recommended to us. We went in knowing we will not be expecting to be served authentic Japanese food as we are used to getting every weekend, made by Japanese women. Having said that, we thought, we should try it and find out.
The server was very nice and helpful. My hubby is Argentinian so no problem with ordering. The gyoza was good but served with sauce already. We ordered hot tea to start and appetizers. Tofu came also with sauce already.
Main dish I ordered was veggy curry and hubby had fish.
The rice was good but I can tell curry was prepared in advance and not cooked with the veggies. Hubby liked his fish topped with veggies.
It was clean and good food. But sauces can be served on the side, to not soak food in what should have been dipping sauces.
If they make some changes on the menu..their little hole in the hole place can succeed.

Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Beautiful food. Great service!!
Small restaurant. Very clean including toilets. Will not disappoint. Cost about $90 Australian or $850 Argentinian for 3 people with a bottle of wine and a few beers..

Reviewed 9 January 2016

My husband had a spirited debate with the waitress about the tonkatsu ramen, as he had had the real thing many times in Japan. She really had no idea that this was not at all like the real thing. Tasty enough, but don't order it expecting it to be what you'd find in Japan. I had a roll -- okay at the time but not interesting enough for me to remember it now that it's a few weeks later.

Reviewed 19 December 2015

We were staying in Recoleta, had a large, meat-loaded lunch that afternoon, and were looking more for a heavy snack than a full dinner. This place appeared on TripAdvisor, and it was a short walk away. The dining area is small and was quiet, which we have come to appreciate. It was about one-quarter full, so it's not clear whether the additional diners would have overly raised the sound level. The place was pleasant to look at, but not of any dominant decor. I ordered the tonkatsu ramen, and my wife had the spicy tuna. Both were tasty and enjoyable. The ramen broth was similar to what I've had in Tokyo; however, the pork was not tonkatsu, but rather a few thin slices of plain pork. there was a half hard-boiled egg, rather than the traditional raw egg. The spicy tuna was not spicy (just flavorable) and was served on six small fried rice cakes. I would describe the food as Japanese style (rather than Asian fusion, which they use). The waitress was helpful, but not particularly knowledgeable. The total tab, including a glass of house white wine was 370 pesos, including tip. At the current exchange rate (which had begun to float just that day), that was a bit under $30. Not an unreasonable price, but certainty not cheap.