All reviewstop floorgreat artblackout shadesgreat hotelsister hotelmodern hotelnespresso machinebusiness hotelnice poolrestaurant staffbuffet breakfaststar hotelbusiness districtlarge bathroomsouth americaloved this hotelexcellent stay
Reviewed 5 June 2016

From the moment you walk through the portals into this relatively modern hotel you know the staff are there to look after you. I was there for 4 nights on business and I could not have wished for a better hotel for my purpose. The room was spacious and contained everything I needed. There is a Business Centre that is free for guests to use. At the end of a marbled lobby, down a few steps, is a bar and the hotel dinning room. On two nights we had a Bar Snack and a couple of Argentine beers. Our choice might at first seem a little ordinary considering our location but, two of the best hamburgers we've tasted arrived with french fries and were consumed with mouth watering delight. The next time we went into the bar we repeated the experience and it was just as good. The restaurant offers a buffet breakfast with a great selection of dishes. It should be noted that the scrambled egg, often the downfall of most breakfast buffets was perfect. They also offer a lunch buffet and that too was excellent. Because of it's location and the friendly, helpful hotel team, I can highly recommend the Alvear Art Hotel as a great place to stay whether on business or enjoying all that Buenos Aires has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 30 May 2016

As mentioned in other reviews, a great hotel with an excellent service! I stayed on the 15th floor, in a spacious king size bed room with a beautiful view. Being a person who is very picky with cleanness, odour and decor, I would say it was a perfect hotel for me.
I have asked for an extra bed for my daughter and she slept so well because they fitted a twin bed and not a horrible rollaway bed. The shower had an amazing water pressure, loved it!
There is one thing I want to share with the hotel management. I had arrived to Bs. As. with a very bad cold. I ordered room service for dinner due I was not well to go out. The young man who brought the meal noticed that I wasn't well and very worried about my health offered a hot tea with lemon and ginger. Perfect for cold! This kind of experience is priceless...

Room Tip: 15th floor
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank AchitaT
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

My favourite hotel in Buenos Aires. I stayed at least 10 times in the last 3 years. Everything is perfect, from the cousy new york decoration style to the large comfortable bedrooms and the staff. The restaurant is also good, last time I even enjoyed a special gourmet service linked to a foodie event week. Nice surprise.

Stayed: April 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Franck_Adela
Reviewed 25 May 2016

We stayed at this hotel ten days in February, in two different rooms. We had split our stay to travel to Iguazu Falls. We hadn't booked it that way because we weren't sure if we wanted to stay in the same hotel on the way back but we're so happy with it we did. The front desk and concierge are very helpful. My one criticism is that at peak times there are not enough behind the desk to help. It took a good 45-60 min to get checked in because of the lack of support behind the desk. That is only because they are very helpful and thourogh, you just had to wait your turn. Our first room was much larger than second but only because of lay out, same amenities just more compact. The bed, pillows and linens are new and very comfortable. The rooftop pool is the best. Small and sometimes crowded but the views are stunning. Restaurant has a great breakfast and a menu for all tastes. Walking distance to the cemetery and other sites. Visit the theatre and take the tour, it's beautiful. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. Enjoy, we did.

Room Tip: We liked the room that was higher up on a corner view.
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2016

We enjoyed our stay at Alvear Art. We stayed in 2 different rooms because we took a side trip to Ushuaia in the middle of the stay. Both rooms were comparable. Nice size, contemporary decor, and comfortable. Large bathroom with double sinks and a bidet. Neither room had much of a view. We were either on the wrong side of the building or not on high enough floors. There were room blackout shades that lowered electronically so the room got quite dark which was nice for sleep.

Wifi was included as were 2 pods of Nescafe daily. Breakfast is additional (unless you book a package with it - we did not) and it was kind of pricey.

Location is excellent, in a central area within walking distance to a lot of the main sights you would want to see in BA, such as the Teatro Opera House, Casa Rosado, San Martín Square, and Florida Street.

Staff was very helpful in arranging transport, booking a tango show for us (and then having to cancel when I got food poisoning), and answering whatever questions we had.

There is no airport shuttle, but the hotel will book a car for you at additional cost. We felt it was well worth it - not too much more than we read taxis would be. About US$95 to EZE (main international airport) and US$45 to AEP (closer domestic airport).

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple