“Great opportunity to learn Spanish”

Expanish Spanish School
Book In Advance
More Info
US$360.00*
and up
Intensive 30-Hour Spanish Course in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Expanish Spanish School in Buenos Aires offers students a unique language learning experience by combining Spanish courses and authentic cultural experiences, enabling students to fully immerse themselves in the culture of Argentina. The Expanish formula achieves academic excellence through a combination of great teachers, small classes, and a solid academic framework. Our high-quality teaching staff and proven teaching methods will help students learn Spanish as quickly as possible.
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I took Spanish classes in Buenos Aires for 10 days. You can choose between group classes and private lessons. Even if you are over 50, it's really easy to fit into the group lessons and to feel comfortable and at ease to participate in class. The teaching method is excellent. You will learn a lot of grammar, but will also converse quite a lot. My teachers Marina and Romina were amazing, but I'm sure the other tutors do a great job as well. The instructors are very helpfull; they even offered to assist my husband with his archival research in Buenos Aires. I can definitely recommend signing up with this language school!

All reviews
"slang"
"ba"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I studied intensive spanish at Expanish for 3 weeks and I had a really good time, learnt a lot and met a lot of new people. The school has a good location in the microcenter which is easy to get to from all over the city. The teachers I had were skilled, dedicated and cared about my learning. The staff in reception, administration and management was also superb and always greet you with a smile and gives you the help you need. I can definitely recommend Expanish for studying spanish in Buenos Aires.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

I was at Exspanish for 4 weeks from June 12th 2017 to July 7th 2017. My teachers were phenomenal. Originally I thought i was going to go to another school who has schools throughout Argentina, Chile, and Peru. An acquaintance of mine whom I met while studying in Peru was saying how she wishes she was at Exspanish, where her roommate was studying as well. The instruction is solid, the faculty and staff are caring, and are always available. I highly recommend learning Spanish in Buenos Aires at Exspanish. I promise you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Greg S
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Expanish is a really excellent establishment and I cannot recommend it enough. I spent four weeks taking classes and I learned more than I had in YEARS of high school and college Spanish back in the US. My professor, Sofia, was absolutely fantastic, and all the instructors and administrators are incredibly helpful and friendly. I found the classes were most productive and conducive to learning when they were at lower enrollment (~7 students) and tended to get slightly crowded at their largest (~12 students). However, our professor always mitigated this by breaking us into smaller group activities and finding ways to engage the whole class so no one gets left behind. I also found that the placement test was very accurate and put me in the perfect level: challenging, yet I could keep up daily. Gabriel, the school director, was also great at making himself available and making sure you were having a good experience and learning at the right level class. The 4 hour classes may sound long, but they are definitely what one needs to reinforce new material; the length really allows for a lot to be covered while still getting plenty of practice time. Our homework was never excessive and was always relevant. I truly felt that the teaching style, which focused on class engagement and participation rather than imitation and rote memorization, was some of the best language learning I've ever experienced.
The school building itself is also a great space for learning. It is very modern and spacious, with a student lounge and many classrooms. There are computers with internet access and snacks available as well.
Buenos Aires is a great place to practice what you've learned because people are very friendly and talkative, so you really get to put to use what you learn in the classroom. The location of the school is extremely convenient, by many bus stops and Subte stops. Additionally, there are great housing options near the school itself. I didn't personally experience the student housing, but rather chose to have Expanish place me with a host mom whose apartment was only right by multiple bus stops and a Subte station as well, making it convenient to get around the city and to school.
Finally, Expanish offers wonderful extracurricular activities, many of which are free, as well as help planning excursions outside of the city. I participated in tours, a dance class, cooking class, and took advantage of the discounts for travel and other activities so I was able to go to Mendoza and Iguazu as well as a dinner and tango show in Puerto Madero.
Expanish really has it all; whether you are new at Spanish or experienced, whether you want to stay for 2 weeks or multiple months, this is an awesome place to meet people from all over the world, learn Spanish, and get immersed in Buenos Aires and the beautiful country of Argentina. The staff is personable and supportive, and the experience in priceless. I highly recommend Expanish to everyone!

See more reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Buenos Aires is a very good place to learn Spanish and I picked well to choose Expanish. For 4 weeks. I found the teachers really stellar and well educated above and beyond what I expected. They had a variety of word games that were quite fun, educational and creative. Our group class had some very good discussions about world events, dating, relationships and culture. As I am looking over some of my classwork notes, we covered many subjects through a variety of exercises. I think I was placed in an intermediate level, but whatever level it was it was challenging we covered several subjects. (We took a placement test on the first day). The school is first class. The school did not organize outside activities because there are many organizations in BA that do. I wish that they did because unless you are with people you know, you might end up sightseeing on your own. Being an extrovert or proactive helps if you are older, in my case. I befriended someone my age and had a great time outside of school and we spoke spanish only. I also wish they had a school binder because I could never keep track of all the handouts but I understand that each teacher has their methods and favorite handouts. As well as the group classes, I took a 2 hour one on one class, I think twice a week. That was intensive! I think my brain was fried. I think I would try just 1 hour a day 5 times a week. I thought the teachers, administration and staff were quite good. Our teacher also demonstrated how to drink mate properly and shared it weekly with us. Not bad with a bit of sugar, but I'm an amateur. Also my family stay was really good. The hostess was warm and friendly and helped me throughout my stay. I love the porteño accent. Oh yes, I took about 6 tango lessons and enjoyed every minute of it! If you are vegetarian and worried about all this meat, not to worry, there are plenty of places that serve vegetarian-style and fresh juices near the school.

1  Thank m0jiganga