“Intensive Expanish”

US$285.00*
and up
Intensive 20-Hour Spanish Course Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Expanish Spanish School in Buenos Aires offers students a unique language learning experience by combining Spanish courses and authentic cultural experiences, enabling students to fully immerse themselves in the culture of Argentina. The Expanish formula achieves academic excellence through a combination of great teachers, small classes, and a solid academic framework. Our high-quality teaching staff and proven teaching methods will help students learn Spanish as quickly as possible.
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Buenos Aires is a very good place to learn Spanish and I picked well to choose Expanish. For 4 weeks. I found the teachers really stellar and well educated above and beyond what I expected. They had a variety of word games that were quite fun, educational and creative. Our group class had some very good discussions about world events, dating, relationships and culture. As I am looking over some of my classwork notes, we covered many subjects through a variety of exercises. I think I was placed in an intermediate level, but whatever level it was it was challenging we covered several subjects. (We took a placement test on the first day). The school is first class. The school did not organize outside activities because there are many organizations in BA that do. I wish that they did because unless you are with people you know, you might end up sightseeing on your own. Being an extrovert or proactive helps if you are older, in my case. I befriended someone my age and had a great time outside of school and we spoke spanish only. I also wish they had a school binder because I could never keep track of all the handouts but I understand that each teacher has their methods and favorite handouts. As well as the group classes, I took a 2 hour one on one class, I think twice a week. That was intensive! I think my brain was fried. I think I would try just 1 hour a day 5 times a week. I thought the teachers, administration and staff were quite good. Our teacher also demonstrated how to drink mate properly and shared it weekly with us. Not bad with a bit of sugar, but I'm an amateur. Also my family stay was really good. The hostess was warm and friendly and helped me throughout my stay. I love the porteño accent. Oh yes, I took about 6 tango lessons and enjoyed every minute of it! If you are vegetarian and worried about all this meat, not to worry, there are plenty of places that serve vegetarian-style and fresh juices near the school.

1  Thank m0jiganga
in 8 reviews
"knowledge"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I'm the academic manager at Discover English, a high quality English language school in Melbourne, Australia, so I feel pretty well qualified to provide an assessment of Expanish. And I absolutely loved my experience there!

The school has a great atmosphere due to the lovely, genuine, helpful staff. Reception is always ready with a smile to assist you in whichever way you need, the admin staff make the enrolment process a piece of cake and give an awesome orientation, both to Expanish and BA. The teachers go to every effort to make the classes interesting, motivating, easy to understand and will always give you extra help in the breaks and after class. Gabriel, the academic manager, makes it his business to know every student who is attending and ensures they are happy and getting the most out of their study experience.

The school fosters a holistic Spanish-learning experience by providing a range of excellent extra curricula activities lead by the teachers, such as excursions to places in BA eg La Boca, tango lessons, mate drinking, nights out and much more. These activities are a great way to practise your Spanish in a less structured environment, to make friends with students from other classes and to get exposure to the culture of BA.

The school is in a great central location and facilities themselves are excellent. It has well-sized classrooms filled with natural light, a lovely big colourful common area, computers to use and nice clean bathrooms and tearoom. There is lots of information on the notice boards about things to do in BA as well as the school's own activities, and coffee, snacks and water available.

The learning materials provided in class are comprehensive and extremely useful.

The school also generously provides extra classes the day after a public holiday.

May is a wise time to visit as it's low season and classes are very small, meaning you get to know your classmates very well, have lots of opportunity to speak in class and get a great deal of attention from your teachers.

Last but not least, the people you meet at Expanish are terrific. They are all genuinely there to learn Spanish and have a good time. And there is a nice age range so older learners like me don't feel awkward.

I had such a fantastic time Expanish...I couldn't recommend it more highly!!

1  Thank Janinerainbow
Reviewed 6 April 2017

Expanish was a terrific educational experience. The school is housed in very modern and spacious facilities. The administrative staff is very helpful and efficient. However, the best part of the school is the faculty. During my time at the school I encountered multiple teachers. While I preferred some more than others, all the faculty I had were energetic, well trained professional instructors who seemed to take pleasure in my improvement. The educational program is balanced with cultural activities and travel opportunities planned by the school. I have no regrets about attending Expanish, and will likely return.

2  Thank 476cooper
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I was keen on boosting my little Spanish knowledge to go travelling for longer. Therefor I signed up for private classes to get the most out of it. I'm a teacher myself and know what good teaching is. I definitely got this!! :)
Furthermore I really apreciated the atmosphere and climate at the school. I can only recommend it to everyone!

2  Thank Flurina Z