“Authentic, warm and friendly Turkish experience. ”
Review of Aynalikavak

Aynalikavak
Ranked #38 of 156 Restaurants in Yalikavak
Price range: US$12 - US$200
Description: Art & Jazz Club in Bodrum is a place for wine and music lovers. It is quite yet charming and elegant but not very expensive. It offers Mediterranian kitchen and a great selection of boutique wines of Turkey.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful, intimate dining experience set indoors and outdoors amongst trees, tea lights and unique antiquities from Istanbul. We were welcomed as one of the family by the charming and charismatic Cem, and his extended family, who treated us to a smorgasbord of local cuisine that we wouldn't have known, or considered, to order ourselves. Aubergine tapenade was served with home-made bread and delicious dry-white wine from Gallipoli. This was followed with stuffed dolmade, fresh and crispy salad, succulent beef and pureed potatoes and a pistachio dondurma, nuts and caramel sauce. Exquisite and delicious. Cem was indeed a gem who attended to our every need, giving us a local potted history of the area and tips on where to explore. Attracts a local crowd away from the hoi-polloi of Palmarina and its American junk-food establishments. Hard to find but one not to miss for an authentic, warm and friendly Turkish experience.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I was first drawn to Aynalikavak from across the street. I was on an "artsy" errand, but photographed the decor from across the street, making a mental note to come back, once I had finished.

Wow! Fabulous!!
First of all, it was the best Turkish wine I have ever had (and I'm ashamed I did not ask what it was). The food and dessert was also fantastic! and the decor.

I will admit to sending photos to friends in Europe, Turkey and the United States during my two glasses of red wine, cheese plate and chocolate dessert.

It is perhaps the most unique wine bar I've been to. I love to be outdoors, but the setting, places you in a garden. It's a tremendous setting.
I sat in the most comfy stuffed chair, part of a "living room set". There were numerous little "settings", among trees and flowers, and candles were lit as the sun went down. It is truly an oasis, and one I will travel back to.

I was perfectly comfortable alone, in truth, it probably allowed me to soak more in. And while I sat outside, the interior was also delightful. And the toilet, an exciting scream. (Which is a positive statement). Yes...I photographed several of the decorating ideas and emailed those as well.

I will attach a few of my favorite photos, but needless to say...this is a fabulously clever, well thought out establishment. I will certainly be back, each time I'm in Yalikavak.

My complements to the Owner!! It is divine.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

I can't rate Aynalikavak more highly !
Ambiance, live music , funky decor, delicious food, best wine list imaginable, stylish, beautiful international library on-site, on-sure massage and reflexology ,a real oasis. Couldn't ask for me.
It's become my second home, it can't be beaten anywhere on the Bodrum peninsula ! Wish I could import it to London, I'll miss it when I leave for UK.
It's a venue not to be missed.
Thank you Cem for making it such a friendly and fun place.
It's unique!
Sarah.

Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

The best place in Palmarina Yalikavak,hidden from the bustle of night life and crowd.If you wanna fined quiet ,peaceful and fantastic restaurant with an excellent food,wine,music,atmosphere,decor,service and to discover another side of Palmarina life you are definitely should visit this amazing lounge.I'm sure you will not want to leave Aynalikavak restaurant and you are gonna come back here again like me

Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

If you like your wine you must visit. Amazing setting which comes alive when dark with candles and jazz. Walked past during day and was intrigued, opens about 7, perfect start to your night!