Lowest prices for your stay
$40
$36
Booking.com$43
Hotels.com$40
Travelocity$40
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 8, 2017

We visited previously (see my review last November 17, 2014).

We are glad to see the improvements on the issue with the bathroom door. They now replaced the door with sliding one to give more moving space inside.

Your receptionist was very helpful and accommodating throughout our stay.

My only negative comment was about the security guard (I am not sure if he was directly employed by Purple Tree or the building admin but he is manning the main entryway to Purple Tree).

Around 5-5:30 pm of Nov 5 our friends picked us up from the hotel. They mentioned that the guard told them that we are the guests with the "fat man" who had a hard time getting out of the car because he was so fat.

I am kinda disappointed that your staff will 'fat shame' a customer or gossip about a guest to other people (even if they are friends). It is not a manner befitting for someone working within the hospitality industry. I hope that this gets addressed. I opted to post this incident as a review even though I wanted to confront the guard on duty about disrespecting my husband.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

This used to be a fine place for travelers in President's avenue. You can check in fast, amenities are great. Last check in was ridiculous:
• paid 2500 for the room
• no service water inside even for just one bottle, no refrigeration whatsoever inside.
• three food service centers inside but closed so early and we had to go out again to buy food.
• cafe latte for 1h, was the foulest one i tasted. Poor black coffee plus maybe half a teaspoon full of milk, that's what I got.
• shower was a put off, it was just dripping and had to kiss the wall to get wet
• and the toilet! My god the toilet! You'd bump you head on the wall when u try to use the bowl because the distance is like 7 inches away ( door wall to the toilet ) so yeah I used it sideways! Ahahaha

Anyway.... that's it!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2017

The staff was well trained and very nice; service/assistance was quick and efficient. The bed and bathrooms were clean and well kept. This is probably the most decent BnB you will find in the BG area. We met the hotel owner, who personally manages the place and ask us about our stay.

Will definitely go back to this place if I ever have lodging needs in the area again.

As a bonus, there's this nice little Spanish restaurant inside the compound which is owned and operated by an actual Spaniard. Didn't get to try the food, but got excited by the prospect of authentic paella.

Room tip: Room away from the street side.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank BonoAntipolo
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

The quaint place is always a delight to go to anytime of the day but the blue guards are not as understanding on how not to park closely beside another preventing drivers entry. They must increase the parking width of slots.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2017

Awesome place. Reliable internet, nice clean pool, plenty of food - GREAT food at your door step. Staff was professional and courteous. Great Brewed Coffee! The breakfast - SUPER! VERY Clean. Very secure, clean safe area with free parking. Put this all together and it is a rare find in the Philippines... I now know where to come when flying in and out of the country.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
PTBB, Owner at The Purple Tree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2017

Thank you so much for taking time to write us a review. We appreciate your feedback. Hope to see you in your future trips. All the best.