Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
View deal
Priceline$40
Booking.com$43
Travelocity$40
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2016

This property is in a good location and easy on the pocket. You will get your value for money as the hotel is charming, serene and is more like a mini-boutique hotel than a bed & breakfast. :)

"All in all, we had more than a pleasant vacation at this hotel. A stay at Purple Tree Bed & Breakfast is a steal as you will get more from what you will pay for. It is clean, modern, comfortable and has charming rooms at a great location."

Room tip: Choose the superior room with pool view. Or reserve the penthouse for large groups
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed August 17, 2016

We had a big group of people and decided to book the penthouse apartment, which turned about to be an excellent idea. It was spacious and cool, and it comfortably fit 9 people (it was a tighter squeeze for 10 people). David, the driver who picked us up, was friendly, prompt and helpful. All the staff we encountered were accommodating and super nice. The owners JJ and Suzie were also wonderful. The location was great with many restaurants around it and a mall down the street. Overall a great experience for our family!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
PTBB, Owner at The Purple Tree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2016

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. It was a pleasure having you and we look forward ro you staying with us again on your future trips to Manila. Warm regards from the Purple Tree family.

Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

We arrived around 12 midnight.the receptionist didnt know how to process credit card payment.she insisted its savings and i had to tell her that savings applies to atms and not credit cards.processing took almost 20 to 30minutes.there was no standby bellboy so the recptionist was also the one to lead us to the room,turned on the aircon/tv.Queen size bed looks like double size.took hours before the aircon worked.Needed to pay 100++ for toothbrush and toothpaste and another 20++ for slippers when it should be part of the basic compliments.room was homey though and food was freshly cooked.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PTBB, Owner at The Purple Tree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2016

Dear Ms. Jhoany A.

Thank you very much for letting us know of your experience. That night you checked in, the Front Desk staff on duty had an emergency and had to leave. We had to make someone new pitch in for her. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that caused. I also see that you were in a Standard Room. Our Standard Room has a double bed, and not a queen size bed.

As a budget hotel, we do have a minimal charge for toothbrushes and slippers.

In view of this experience, please allow us to make this up to you and your husband. Should you give us another opportunity to host you, please let us know so I can personally attend to you accordingly.

Again apologies for the inconvenience, and rest assured we will address the concerns you have raised immediately.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

It took 20 minutes to check-in as the receptionist had no idea how to work a booking.com reservation. We then lugged suitcases up a flight of stairs and entered a small room, with two twin sized beds, which had been advertised as a "Family Room." The TV was the size of computer monitor. The next morning we went down for our free breakfast, but the restaurant was closed. The receptionist on duty saw my look of confusion and called me over. He asked if I wanted breakfast and showed me a sheet of paper. He asked me how I wanted my egg? When I asked if that was all that was offered, he pointed at the paper and said I could get a "Rice topping" for P150. This is clearly a facility trying to manipulate the system, with false advertisement and probable self generated ratings. Clearly, this facility will not succeed, as their return customers will be minimal at best. I certainly will never return.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Michael S
Jonathan A, Owner at The Purple Tree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2016

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your review. We take these reviews seriously. Apologies, thatvyou did have an enjoyable experience at Purple Tree. Immediately after receivingypir review, I immediately conducted an investigation. Please note as follows:

1. I saw that you made your reservation for a Family Room on booking.com. Unlike other on line booking services, Booking.com requires its guests to make the payment directly to the hotel. They obtain your credit card details, for guarantee purposes only, and it is not charged. In your case, you were insisting that you already paid booking.com. You went about getting very upset that you were being charged double. Our Front Desk staff was explaining this to you but you have already become very upset, without you not having understood the booking.com system clearly. In order to calm you down, our front desk staff assisted you to go into the room and settle down while she raised this issue up with her supervisor. Your partner eventually spoke to the Manager and understood the system. She then came down to apologize to the front desk for your actions and made the payment. Regret that you may have misunderstood the booking.com system. You are free to take this up with them, or clarifying this further.

2. As advertised, our Family Room is good for three persons. It has a Double Bed and a Single Bed. I do not understand what you said to be Twin Sized Beds. I verified this and you were indeed placed in Family Room, Room 206. We did not misrepresent anything in this regard.

3. It is very clear in our webpage and even on booking.com that we offer Free Continental Breakfast. You are able to upgrade this to rice toppings, should you wish to do so. The breakfast is served in the courtyard covered garden area, and not in the restaurant as the restaurant opens at noon.

We are a Bed and Breakfast and we try our best to offer the best value to our customers. Service is also very important to us. Purple Tree B&B has gained a reputation for having very courteous staff.

For you to accuse us of manipulating our ratings and generating these ourselves is totally unfair and false. The ratings we have is a result of our staff's hard work and dedication. We do have a lot of customers that have appreciated their stay with us.

Your accusations are totally false. We respect your views and regret that you dod not have a good experience. In the final analysis this all stemmed from the fact that you did not undersstand the booking.com policy. Fortunately, your partner was there and apologized for your actions (you were cursing or front desk staff with the "F" word) of which was totally out of line.

We respect your opininion and we will take your review to further improve our systems. But, please do not accuse us of misrepresentation or generating our own ratings.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 14, 2016

Like others have said that this place is a hidden gem. You don't see much but the door out front but inside the staff are very friendly and are sharp. The breakfast is delicious especially the milk fish. The air conditioning, lights and interior is modern and well kept. The place is super quiet for the area and the beds are clean and comfortable. I stayed here with my girlfriend and now fiancée. Her family lives in Paranaque and I was pleasantly surprised with this place enough that after we get my fiancée her visa we will get married in the US and then go back to Paranaque to have a second ceremony and we are planning on coming back to this place.
We paid 15-25$ more for the deluxe sweet which was just a bit bigger and we stayed two great nights. I didn't sleep that well in the Philippines but two of my best nights of sleep were here.

Room tip: Ask to see the rooms... The standard is just a bit smaller but still nice but it was worth upgrading to a larger room for us.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PTBB, Owner at The Purple Tree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2016

Dear Sir,

Thank you dearly for taking time to write us a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and glad to have been part of your happy memories with your fiancée.

We look forward to having you again.

Respectfully,