Lowest prices for your stay
$42
View deal
Agoda.com
$38
View deal
Priceline$44
Hotels.com$40
Travelocity$40
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2016

It took 20 minutes to check-in as the receptionist had no idea how to work a booking.com reservation. We then lugged suitcases up a flight of stairs and entered a small room, with two twin sized beds, which had been advertised as a "Family Room." The TV was the size of computer monitor. The next morning we went down for our free breakfast, but the restaurant was closed. The receptionist on duty saw my look of confusion and called me over. He asked if I wanted breakfast and showed me a sheet of paper. He asked me how I wanted my egg? When I asked if that was all that was offered, he pointed at the paper and said I could get a "Rice topping" for P150. This is clearly a facility trying to manipulate the system, with false advertisement and probable self generated ratings. Clearly, this facility will not succeed, as their return customers will be minimal at best. I certainly will never return.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank Michael S
Jonathan A, Owner at The Purple Tree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2016

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your review. We take these reviews seriously. Apologies, thatvyou did have an enjoyable experience at Purple Tree. Immediately after receivingypir review, I immediately conducted an investigation. Please note as follows:

1. I saw that you made your reservation for a Family Room on booking.com. Unlike other on line booking services, Booking.com requires its guests to make the payment directly to the hotel. They obtain your credit card details, for guarantee purposes only, and it is not charged. In your case, you were insisting that you already paid booking.com. You went about getting very upset that you were being charged double. Our Front Desk staff was explaining this to you but you have already become very upset, without you not having understood the booking.com system clearly. In order to calm you down, our front desk staff assisted you to go into the room and settle down while she raised this issue up with her supervisor. Your partner eventually spoke to the Manager and understood the system. She then came down to apologize to the front desk for your actions and made the payment. Regret that you may have misunderstood the booking.com system. You are free to take this up with them, or clarifying this further.

2. As advertised, our Family Room is good for three persons. It has a Double Bed and a Single Bed. I do not understand what you said to be Twin Sized Beds. I verified this and you were indeed placed in Family Room, Room 206. We did not misrepresent anything in this regard.

3. It is very clear in our webpage and even on booking.com that we offer Free Continental Breakfast. You are able to upgrade this to rice toppings, should you wish to do so. The breakfast is served in the courtyard covered garden area, and not in the restaurant as the restaurant opens at noon.

We are a Bed and Breakfast and we try our best to offer the best value to our customers. Service is also very important to us. Purple Tree B&B has gained a reputation for having very courteous staff.

For you to accuse us of manipulating our ratings and generating these ourselves is totally unfair and false. The ratings we have is a result of our staff's hard work and dedication. We do have a lot of customers that have appreciated their stay with us.

Your accusations are totally false. We respect your views and regret that you dod not have a good experience. In the final analysis this all stemmed from the fact that you did not undersstand the booking.com policy. Fortunately, your partner was there and apologized for your actions (you were cursing or front desk staff with the "F" word) of which was totally out of line.

We respect your opininion and we will take your review to further improve our systems. But, please do not accuse us of misrepresentation or generating our own ratings.

Thank you.

Reviewed March 14, 2016

Like others have said that this place is a hidden gem. You don't see much but the door out front but inside the staff are very friendly and are sharp. The breakfast is delicious especially the milk fish. The air conditioning, lights and interior is modern and well kept. The place is super quiet for the area and the beds are clean and comfortable. I stayed here with my girlfriend and now fiancée. Her family lives in Paranaque and I was pleasantly surprised with this place enough that after we get my fiancée her visa we will get married in the US and then go back to Paranaque to have a second ceremony and we are planning on coming back to this place.
We paid 15-25$ more for the deluxe sweet which was just a bit bigger and we stayed two great nights. I didn't sleep that well in the Philippines but two of my best nights of sleep were here.

Room tip: Ask to see the rooms... The standard is just a bit smaller but still nice but it was worth upgrading to a larger room for us.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
PTBB, Owner at The Purple Tree Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2016

Dear Sir,

Thank you dearly for taking time to write us a review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and glad to have been part of your happy memories with your fiancée.

We look forward to having you again.

Respectfully,

JJ

Reviewed March 11, 2016

This business is excellently managed. Location is perfect. Easy access to airport. It is very clean. There is a restaurant inside. Food is great. The pool is clean and well maintained. Overall, an excellent place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed November 12, 2015

Nice B&B, make reservations on their website and other booking sites. Make sure to double check all charges before booking to avoid surprises upon check-in. They also have a swimming pool, but haven't tried it

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank MRBriones
Reviewed October 27, 2015

I have stayed in this B&B twice . Situated in Sucat, Paranaque, this place is so close to the Mall , eateries and salon & spa's. Upon arrival , you will be greeted by the "security guard" who doubles up as a porter and helps you carry your luggage to the reception area. It is a far cry from the big expensive 5star hotels in Makati and yet there is something about this place that makes you feel at home. The reception staff are so friendly and checking in is a breeze. The hotel rates are very reasonable and you get free breakfast with your accommodation and also offer Free WiFi. The rooms are bit small but its clean and decked with nice comfortable bed, good air-conditioning, cable TV and a bathroom with hot water system. The friendly staff are cordial and always greet you with a warm smile, and are always ready to be of service to you. Having the restaurant "Dayrits" next door is a bonus, food is great and so inexpensive. I recommend this little piece of home, next time you need a place to stay in Paranaque. So handy and definitely worth it. :)

Room tip: I choose the ground floor rooms, as there is no lift.
Date of stay: November 2014